Search results

1. R

So a chiller and a uv sterilizer walk into a bar...

Hi all - Ok, so I am about to purchase a chiller and I was thinking of adding a little uv sterilizer in-line to the setup. Knowing that a uv sterilizer heats up the water - should I plumb it in-line BEFORE the chiller - or after? Does it make a difference? Anyone have some first-hand...
  2. R

Chiller recommendations for a 130D

Hi guys! Been awhile! I've been around, but lurking mainly while work has kept me busy. Tank is doing great - and I will be updating my build post VERY soon! In the meantime, summer is driving temps up in my tank and I've come to the conclusion I need a chiller. I'm wondering if anyone...
  3. R

What is this growing on my Zoos?

Hi all Ok, so I have this small zoo frag that I bumped while cleaning my tank. It fell off the rock I originally glued it to, so I picked it up and re-glued it. No biggie, right? That was about two weeks ago... Over the past week or so (after it was re-glued) - I've noticed this weird...
  4. R

Battling detritus - canister filter on a 130D?

Hi all - Ok, I am having a serious detritus issue in my tank. I'm doing regular water changes. I'm changing my filters often. Blowing off my rocks. Not overfeeding. A full CUC. Everything that should be done to battle it. So with a slight improvement, I'm still not quite where I want to be...
  5. R

Light cycles?

Looking to get some advice on how long you run your lights for? Would love to hear your on & off times - and also how you handle the moonlights. :spinner:
  6. R

130D + Tunze Osmolator 3155 - sensor location?

Ok 130D owners who have the Tunze Osmolator 3155... where did you put your sensor mount? Logically, it seems like the most ideal place would be to the left of the skimmer cup in the chamber near the heater. BUT - I've read of people saying if your sponge filters get clogged, it could drop...
  7. R

Help!! Pump 1 not priming after water change!!

Just did a water change and have plenty of water in the back chamber, yet pump 1 is making that clicking sound and not putting out any flow. Any tricks I can try?
  8. R

What the heck is this thing?

First of all, sorry for the grainy shots - it was the best I could get with the spot this thing was in. It's been stuck to the glass since I first noticed it yesterday. It is mobile, it moved from the right hand back corner towards the left and was under my skimmer cup when I shot these...
  9. R

Odd request: CAD file for 130D top rim?

...Or exact measurements, corner radius of lip included? I'm going to be getting a piece of black PVC sheet cut on a plotter to cover the front part of the hood when open. I am trying to build a platform to hold an auto-feeder when I leave for trips out of town. I can easily take...
  10. R

Couple of ID's needed, please!!

Question about the anemone in photo above ^ ^ ^ located in the bottom right of the photo. At least I THINK it'a an anemone of sorts. Can anyone ID it? Overnight, he got up and moved down under the rock behind it and is not coming out. I know some anemones are mobile and will pick new spots but...
  11. R

Aquascaping - rocks touching glass or no?

Looking for ideas and/or suggestions - do you guys have your rocks touching the glass or not? I'd love to hear some input on this. Thanks!
  12. R

Best place for a thermometer probe in a 130D?

Ok, this may seem like an insignificant question, but wondering what you all do for your thermometer probe? Obviously the ideal situation would be to NOT have it in the display area, but what chamber to put it in? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!
  13. R

Hinges squeaking on my 130D!

Crazy question, but the (brand new) hinges on my 130D are squeaking LOUDLY! Have any of you experienced this? Sorry if it's been brought up before, a few searches brought up very little info... What would be the best thing to quiet these suckers with? Oil? WD-40? I don't want to compromise...
  14. R

Cleaning outside of tank?

Hi all, As I get ready to dump water into my tank for the first time, I am noticing the outside of the glass is VERY dirty/dusty when turning the lights on to test. Can anyone recommend something to clean the tank glass with? I didn't know if there is some safe cleaner to use. Also, should I...
  15. R

Reefer Joe's 130D Tank Thread

Hi all! Somewhat new around here, but I'm the proud owner of a brand new RSM 130D. The wife bought it for me for my 40th birthday and I couldn't be any happier. It's my first tank after researching reef tanks for a long, long time - so I'm excited to finally get my hands wet. I've actually...
  16. R

Possibly getting a 130D as my first tank...

Hi all, Happy to have found this forum! So, I am about to take the plunge into my first salt water aquarium after dreaming of one for over 10 years. With my 40th (yikes!) birthday rapidly approaching, my wife wants to buy me a tank. I am a lucky man! ;) Anyway, I was *dead set* on...