Search results

1. B

I need SAND!

I am looking for a couple hundred pounds of Aragonite sand. A couple of friends from the site got theirs from a company on the east coast. They got a great looking stuff and the price was way cheaper than what I paid at the LFS. They recieved their reference from the sight but we are unable...
  2. B

Blood shrimp KILLER?

I went to my LFS and picked-up some new stuff to stock my tank. I got a blood shrimp, set of tiger gobies, a wrasse, and a mevisa LPS. Everything seems to be doing fine except the blood shrimp. I'd never seen one of these shrimp before and he was expensive. Within seconds of entering the...
  3. B

New fans and hood

Just thought I'd hit you all back with pictures of my fans. The angled placement has worked great so far. I have one pointed in and the other exhausts hot air. Both come out of the top, and I've had no mess but I've only been running them for three days.
  4. B

Fan placement

My new 12 inch lighting hood is showing up on Thursday. I'm wondering where I should mount my two 4 inch Icecap fans. Most setups I've seen have side mounted units, but I'm wondering if I could mount them in the top or back of my new hood. I will be running two 250W MH W/ 20K XM bulbs. I...
  5. B

Shells and such

I was just wondering how many extra shells you should have for hermits and snails. And just for fun-how are shells originally formed and what are they made of?