Search results

1. D

Bartlett Anthias All Gone?

I lost all of mine (3) overnight after I was trying to catch another fish to put into QT. I had to move rocks around which stirred up the sand bed pretty bad. Next morning all were gone.
  2. D

Best Auto Top Off option

I placed my tunze ATO in the left chamber and it works great. The only issue is that when I turn the pump off in that chamber the ATO alarm goes off, untill I turn the pump back on.
  3. D

New skimmer for redsea max 250!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update. As for uploading photos, I like to use Photobucket, they allow for direct links to the photos which makes posting much easier.
  4. D

RSM 250 stock skimmer tips

Looks like a great thread, but no posts in almost a year. Maybe we can get more updates and suggestions.
  5. D

RSM 250 Skimmer Options? Want to replace stock one.

I upgraded my Red Sea max 250 protein skimmer pump earlier this year and I am still not getting good skimming. Which third-party skimmers are recommended for the 250 that fit the same spot as the stock one?
  6. D

New skimmer for redsea max 250!!!!!!!!!!!

What happen to this thread and skimmer?
  7. D

Qs for RSM 250

I have a similar situation. The left chamber is the only spot for me since I have a chiller in the right chamber. My question is will the water level change in the left chamber if my filter floss gets dirty. I have noticed in the past that the left chamber water level goes down if the filter...
  8. D

Best Auto Top Off option

Thanks, mine should be arriving any day and was wondering the best placement for it,
  9. D

Best Auto Top Off option

I just ordered my Tunzee auto top off for my RSM 250. Where are most of you placing the water level meter?
  10. D

Cleaning my RSM 250 Skimmer???

Thanks for the reply's. I spoke with a rep from Red Sea and she said to clean the entire top section that comes off including the cylinder.
  11. D

Cleaning my RSM 250 Skimmer???

When you remove the top of your skimmer basket on the RSM 250, are you supposed to clean the entire top section including the cylinder portion. I have been cleaning the entire top piece, but when I read about other protein skimmers it seems like they only recommend cleaning the cup and not...
  12. D

New RSM 250 Media Rack

Thanks for such a quick reply. I just added one more question above.
  13. D

New RSM 250 Media Rack

Just got my media basket in. It looks great, a very well made product. I forgot to order the In tank Poly Filter floss. Is this something that can be purchased at most local fish stores. Or should I place my order through InTank? Since the name has the word Poly in it, is it the same as the...
  14. D

Red Sea Max LED Conversions

Bump for a great thread.
  15. D

Developing LED kits for RSM Tanks

Ok, I will start working on it.
  16. D

Developing LED kits for RSM Tanks

I just joined Reef Sanctuary and I am glad I did. I own a RSM 250 and would love to get it retrofitted with LED's. Looking forward to seeing some great solutions.