Search results

1. blackwater

Sump Skimmer Help

i was thinking of the Reef Octopus XS 160 for the sump i want to build. i know nothing about this skimmer. quality's im looking for in a skimmer are....efficiency, durability, and it needs to be silent(or as close to silent as it gets), the tank will be in my living room so if its loud it will...
  2. blackwater

Favorite Clown Fish

Whats your favorite clown fish and why? i had 2 tank bred ocellaris clowns and i loved them. Ate right from my had lol.
  3. blackwater

RO/DI unit question

HI, how important is the "DI" in RO/DI. i have a Spectrapure 3 stage RO unit (90GPD). Will this work for reefs? or do i need a DI unit as well?
  4. blackwater

Show your sump

hey everyone, we always have showings of our DT's so i thought instead lets show off our sumps :thumbup: i don't have one to show yet so someone else will have to go first :D i thought seeing your sumps will help me design one for my self.
  5. blackwater

Conch shell in DT?

i have a large conch shell my brother got me. thought i could use it in my tank. just as decoration and maybe a place fish/inverts might like? any ill effects this might cause? also if anyone has one in there tank or previous tank would love to see how it was used...so pics r welcome if u got them.
  6. blackwater

AquaC Remora Pro S info.

Been looking at skimmers for a 65 gallon tank....but needs to be able to hang on the back. i came across this model on the net today. new for 2012? comes with a mag5. not a hole lot of info on it. anyone use one?
  7. blackwater

Substrate...what's you fav and why.

hi there, haven't been on here in a long time. quick up date. i sold my 29gallon :tears: i found out the hard way that taking care of multiple tanks (fresh and marine) plus work and family life was too much. so i will be starting over again with just one tank. wish i could remember the type...
  8. blackwater

what to put in sump? sump configuration?

im getting a little ahead of my self cause im not ready to do this yet, but thought id learn about it now anyways. want to build a sump out of a 29g tank. 30" long x 12" deep x 18" tall. heard i should use glass dividers when using a glass tank. first section could be the skimmer and filter...
  9. blackwater

cone or needle wheel skimmer?

what type of skimmer do u like most? which is more reliable?
  10. blackwater

65 gallon mixed reef build

Hello and welcome to my new thread:hallo: I am about to start a 65 gallon mixed reef tank. during this time im gonna keep my 29g fowlr going, then merge it with the 65g. word of warning this will for the next little while probably be a slow thread, because im not setting this up untill i have...
  11. blackwater

best/ideal reef tank size

just would like to hear what everyone thinks about tank sizes. i know bigger is better but what size is ideal? looking for measurements as well as water volume.
  12. blackwater

How do u like your backgrounds?

so just wondering what other people use as a background to their tanks. i have a black stick on right now. what do u use? paint? stick on? what color do u like most? or do u go with none and let the tank create a natural one. pics are always welcome:clink: here is mine, its been running for...
  13. blackwater

logging my journey with my first salt tank

so the idea is if i write about this tank as it progresses is that i might be prevented from making some mistakes and others starting out might get some help too. for background i have never done a salt tank but have been wanting to for years. had multiple freshwater tanks(currently have just my...
  14. blackwater

need some help with cloudy water

ok. so i just started my first salt tank 6 days ago. iv had freshwater for years and converted my 29g. no live stock yet,is still cycling but i do have 30 lbs of live fiji rock and 2 koralia evo 750 ph's. the issue is that when setting up i put the wrong sand in..freshwater sand. relized this...