Search results

1. S

Anthias help

I purchased a bartletts anthias 2 weeks ago, and it has layed on the bottom the entire time. I purchased two others at the same time and they act normal and swim normal. This fish looks completely healthy, good color. I called Live aquaria and asked them, and they said to fee it a green pea for...
  2. S

Anthias help

I purchased a bartletts anthias 2 weeks ago, and it has layed on the bottom the entire time. I purchased two others at the same time and they act normal and swim normal. This fish looks completely healthy, good color. I called Live aquaria and asked them, and they said to fee it a green pea for...
  3. S

MAX 500S Next fish??

I have the following in my max 500s now: 2 osc clowns 1 purple firefish 1 yellow assessor 1 orchid dotty 3 lyretail anthias (1m-2F) 1 Greyhead wrasse 1 christmas wrasse 1 Vroliks wrasse 1 Melanaurus wrasse??? (last fish will be a Purple Tang eventually) I was thinking of a pair of...
  4. S

NEW RSM 400/500/650 open top question

Im curious with my 500s, and the other open top tanks, were these designed to keep jumpers in? Were the lamp fixture and the glass lip inside the front of the tank designed to keep fish in? Ive ordered two wrasse, so I hope I didnt make a mistake, getting possible jumpers. Aviad? answer?
  5. S

Cyano/Brown "hair" Algae RSM 500s

My New 500s is my third reef tank. Ive been through many cycles starting up tanks. I understand the ammonia cycle, and I also know there are many other cycles going on in a reef tank after that one finishes. I did not have an ammonia cycle upgrading to the 500 from my 34g Solana. However I have...
  6. S

Making your own salt water??

I have had a reef tank for 5 years now, but ive always purchased my salt water. now that I have the 500S, I decided I should start making my own R/O and saltwater. I purchased an R/O system from Bulk Reef Supply, and set it up this weekend. Awesome how fast it is to install!! My question is...
  7. S

New and first Red Sea! 500-s

Just placed my order for my first Red Sea tank yesterday and decided to go with the new 400-s. I currently have a Solana 34g that I have had set up for 3 years. IM excited to be upgrading to such a nice and large tank. Hopefully this will be my first of many posts! Update: actually...