Search results

1. L

How do I make a sump pump system with a 15 gallon tank?

I have a 65 gallon FOWLR tank and a canister filter... I am tired of cleaning the thing every day. I have a 15 gallon that I am not using right now..how expensive would it be to convert it to a sump pump system? Right now I can not get my nitrate levels down enough to get coral. I'm just all out...
  2. L

How do I handle BULLY fish and when is it over crowding?

I have a 65 Gallon tank with a medium purple tang (the King of the tank), 2 sand shifter gobies, 4 clowns, and a fire fish. The tank just looks bare. It just seems a lot of room for such a small amount of fish. Is this really all I should put in there? All levels are where they should be...
  3. L

Canister Filter...BIO BALL or no? Best stuff to put in your Canister filter????

Right now I have a FLUVAL 305 and a SUNSUN RW-303B. Both are canister filters and one has a UV light in it. Now I am well a where of how canisters are nitrate factories but I do not have the means of getting a sump pump right now so I need to work with what I've got. Okay, I know I need to...
  4. L

WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way off!

:banghead::banghead: I am SO frustrated!!:verymad::verymad:I have ich in my 65 gallon saltwater tank so I caught all my fish and followed the instructions I was given by this site to handle and treat ich. I'm following the copper test using SeaChem Cup...something or other...don't have bottle...
  5. L

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for helping me

:heart: Thank you so much...All of you for answering my questions and referring me to the correct place to get the response I need to save and get my tank up and running great!! I appreciate it... :hug1::snshne::snshne:
  6. L

HELP!! Questions to help save my puffer!!!!

I have a purple tang, 4 clowns (2 black and white 2 orange) 2 gobies, a fire fish, and a puffer who is current breathing hard on the bottom of my tank. I have several hermit crabs and emerald crabs and a sally light foot. 1 Cleaner shrimp. All in a 65 gallon tank with live sand and live...
  7. L

New to this site and need a little help with filteration and skimmers

Hello, I'm Angie and I have a 65 gallon fish only tank. I have live sand and live rock. Appropriately 30 lbs live rock. Fish include a purple tang, 4 clown fish, flame fish, 2 gobies, cleaner shrimp, lots of hermits, 3 emerald crabs and a sally lightfoot crab. I'm currently running it on a...
  8. L

Hello!

I am so new at this whole thing, forums and being able to talk to people who actually know a thing or two about saltwater tanks other than the "know it all" guys at fish stores. Anywho, I'm Angie and boy do I have alot of questions and concerns. I did read alot of past forums from here and...