Search results

1. D

dreams' tank journal

240 lbs of kolorscape white play sand, about 25 lbs of cc (mixed w/ sand for top layer), live sand to be added clarity after about 4 hrs now i will leave it to settle in for a week or so w/ some light flow
  2. D

dreams' tank journal

thanks woodstock....i figure if i post my screw-ups, then it might help another newbie avoid doing the same thing:)
  3. D

dreams' tank journal

well, yesterday i had a samll ammonia spike (.25)...i am assuming that was caused by some die-off in the move....i did a small water change, added some live bacteria and it looks like that has leveled everything out in the tank, as of this morning i had left my little red zoos in the...
  4. D

cioutlaws 120gal.

thanks cioutlaw!....center brace, good idea....you have that coming from the sump, right?....so, is it turning out to be enough flow? i am doing a fuge....so, thinking closed looped....i am also considering doing one across the back of the tank along the sandbed on a different line....and...
  5. D

cioutlaws 120gal.

thanks wit!...detailed directions, just what i need :-)
  6. D

cioutlaws 120gal.

the tank is great! how did you secure the pvc at the top of the tank?
  7. D

dreams' tank journal

oh!...charlie....no, no, no...they are in the 40g....i had to move that to set up the 110...it's still sitting in the livingroom......i can't move it until the carpeting is down so, it will be a bit before i can get going on that
  8. D

dreams' tank journal

oh...if anyone has a tip on reducing the bubbles from the bak-pak, that would be great cnfzd:
  9. D

dreams' tank journal

Thank you for the support! looks like i got them all back in the tank without any problems......i got rid of the fluval and skilter....put on a magnum & bak-pak (came w/ the new tank)......will add a small refugium as soon as i get going on all that yep, i will posts pics as soon as i get...
  10. D

dreams' tank journal

i suppose i should share a little background first. many years ago, my hubby had saltwater tanks....when we met & started living in together, he decided to set up a tank....of course, i thought this was a wonderful idea, but not for long he threw some cc, water & salt in a tank, waited...
  11. D

yes....another lighting question

oh, i will wit.....i did run a cross a really nice coalife fixture on clearence....but i lost the website & for the life of me, can't remember the name anyways, thanks for the help guys:)
  12. D

so....my first estimate was right....it is gunna run me over the $600....yes? (i'll email the guy ask for a pic:))
  13. D

lol.....i've been doing ebay about 6 yrs.....his feedback doesn't bother me he said to email for actual shipping....don't think he wants to ship it if he doesn't have to.....i don't blame him got my tank on ebay:)
  14. D

can fish get spoiled?

i plan on making my own, as soon as get a number of fish....right now, i would have to make the teeniest bit.....reeflady gave me a simple recipe
  15. D

yea, but he doesn't have a pic of the atual fixture....he took a pic from aquarium universe:rolleyes: http://cgi.ebay.com/48-2-X-250-Metal-Halide-4-X-65-Compact-Retro-Moon_W0QQitemZ7761276212QQcategoryZ46314QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  16. D

i was looking at this fixture ...... "48'' 2 X 250 Metal Halide & 4 X 65 Compact Retro + Moon Retrofit Kit: Ballast, bulbs (MH CF) and wiring .....This retrofit kit is brand new. It measures 47x9x5. The compact flourocent bulbs are blue 450nm and 10k. The Metal Halides are both 10,000k. The...
  17. D

oh....i was going to cut out the top of the canapy if need be.....but prefer not to
  18. D

well, i have a canapy with an 8" clearance......may tank is 110g high (48 x 18 x 30)......but i will be using a 6" sandbed
  19. D

Hi everyone

welome, zooman:-)
  20. D

can fish get spoiled?

lol...thanks for sharing, guys! looks like i won't be giving her flakes much longer:)