Search results

1. Snelly40

90gl full setup for sale :(

hey guys... sadly i have taken my tank down and am offering it up for sale. The only piece i will sell seperately is the Zeo reactor. items... 90 gallon all glass tank Stand Canopy fans for cooling mounted in canopy LED lights mounted in canopy 120+lb's rock 80lb's+ black tahitian sand aqueon...
  2. Snelly40

Filter Socks... Do or Do not??

I've always used filter socks... but i took them out last night... going to try and see any benefits from this and to make sure the water quality stays crystal clear... Do you use filter socks? and why?
  3. Snelly40

Maxspect Gyre 150

hey guys.. . i searched on here and youtube and saw some good vids but i was hoping for some hands on comments. i like the pulse and gyre modes... any people have one?? http://www.marinedepot.com/Maxspect_Gyre_Generator_Flow_Pump_Adjustable_Flow_Aquarium_Powerheads-Maxspect-0M30040-FIPHAD-vi.html
  4. Snelly40

LED lighting schedule / intensity Spreadsheet

hey guys... as i ramp up my @Reef Radiance 165p+ Lights I wanted to ensure that they were ramping up accordingly. There's been a few people on here who have asked about light intensity and i revamped an excel spreadsheet. I started out with 30 as the max but am now up to 50 for the whites...
  5. Snelly40

cheers to some old friends ( i hope you're all well)

So i'm sure i missed a few things since I was quite off and on with my tank over the last couple of years. But there are a few members who used to provide a wealth of not only knowledge but fun and man they kept us on our toes... but sadly i have not seen them on in quite a while... i hope all...
  6. Snelly40

Skimmer Collection Reservoir

SOoooooo.... last night my fiance and I were watching a movie... Silver Linings Playbook, if you were interested, which is actually a phenomenal movie... anyway, i digress. We kept hearing this weird popping noise from my fish tank... never a good thing, i open the cabinet and I see bubbles...
  7. Snelly40

Snelly's 90 ZEOvit TANK BUILD

ok guys, i've decided to start a brand new thread for my new build. I will be posting pictures to this thread and updates from the most recent build i have. As I am converting it to a Zeo tank and have just finished my cycle with all new equipment i figured it was time to retire my old thread...
  8. Snelly40

Quarantine Tank

ok.. so i have read and read and i know the benefits of a QT tank... ive mever had one... (:guns::guns::duh::duh::hammerhead::hammerhead:) ok, now that you're inner monologue is done yelling at me... how necessary are they? If it is completely so i'll add one, when one QT's a fish i get the...
  9. Snelly40

LED light photo's with phone... tips please

hey guys... so my only camera is my iPhone6... however the new LED lights are so bright and vibrant that the phone just cant seem to handle it. Is there an app or something i can use where i can actually capture the brilliance of the tank lighting and corals once i put them in? I'm just not...
  10. Snelly40

Aquarium Mesh Top for BSJF

hey guys... so i have excitedly decided on my first new fish, i have always wanted one but always had a more established tank, however now i can build around a Blue Spot Jaw Fish. I do have a canopy on my tank however i'd like to add a mesh top to be safe. i did see this...
  11. Snelly40

cycling with shrimp

hey guys... this will be my first time cycling a brand new tank since i started and back then, about 10 years ago, i used damsel fish... i know i know... bad bad bad.... so as i'll be using shrimp i have a question or two. I have a 90g DT and a 30g sump... i will have my sand and live rock and...
  12. Snelly40

berlin vs refugium

hey guys!!! been a while... i have been up and down with my tank for a while now, but totally have the urge back and just ordered new LED lights and an awesome aquamaxx skimmer. I also made my life much easier by finally ordering a sump that i am happy with. I grabbed an Aqueon proflex model...
  13. Snelly40

re-aquascape time... im never satisfided

so ive gone bare bottom so as I was adding my rocks I was very careful to have no slippage but now I feel like my tank has become a jumbled rock mess.... is something like this reef safe, so I could at least mount rocks together to get some bridges and overhangs and not worry about slipping...
  14. Snelly40

Serpent star hitchhikers???

Woot just found about 4 of these in my tank, must have come in the rock with new coral... Thinking serpent star fish?!??? Hard to see but def striped tentacles in the small holes in the rock
  15. Snelly40

New Ice Anemones discovered

http://www.vision-systems.com/articles/2014/01/vision-guided-underwater-robot-discovers-sea-anemones-living-in-ice.html pretty cool.. no pun intended haha
  16. Snelly40

might be in need of new lights.. Aquaticlife G12 issues....

hey guys, so the other day I asked about a ballast however it seems to be more than that... the porcelain lightbulb housing and wiring seems to be shot on one of the lights. The timing couldn't be worse due to two horrible months at work... for now I will just run 1 of the HID light but as this...
  17. Snelly40

aquaticlife G12 discontinued??

hey guys... so I had a ballast go bad and am going to try and fix it or replace it soon but as I was looking today I cant find them and their website says discontinued. I love this light but it worries me if anything goes wrong with it. Anyone know why?
  18. Snelly40

making a makeshift refugium

hey guys... so in my new setup I just dot have room for a separate fuge. I was going to try and attach a small tank but cant get one drilled and its not panning out. so I had an idea... dangerous sometime... I have an extra phosphate reactor... if I use a weaker pump than normally attached...
  19. Snelly40

Magnesium supplement oddity

Hi guys.... I've always dosed and added magnesium mainly due to using kalk, levels are all good but recently , the last two times, when I add the magnesium I am getting some precipitate or maybe calcification bits in the water column.... Normal? Odd? Thoughts?
  20. Snelly40

ETSS Reef Devil Skimmer.... question

hey guys... so when redoing my tank, my ASM G3 met an unfortunate end and I had a friend with this Reef Devil, reviews are good however it seems finicky. one day is skims good skimate and the next im overflowing. I adjusted how high it sits in the water but I didn't know if anyone else has one...