Search results

1. TheBishop

I'm Back

Everything is going good with my 55 gallon reef tank. Added alot more corals which I will post pictures of. My Zoas are growing like mad and are starting to take over the tank, never thought I would think of them as a nuisance but they are becoming that. My 2 year tank anniversary is this...
  2. TheBishop

Reefing in Hawaii

There is no live sand on an Island in the Pacific? why not go down to the beach and scoop up some?
  3. TheBishop

New to forum!!

Welcome!
  4. TheBishop

New at this!

Welcome! too soon for Anemone tank should be 1 year old(cycled) at minimum. Also how much water movement are you using and what is the lighting for the Nem. Fish will be ok, sounds like maybe yellowtail damsel and chromis which are very hardy fish. Personally, I would recommend taking the...
  5. TheBishop

Help with Alk

What type of salt mix are you using. I know the IO basic salt mix will be consistently around 7 to 7.5 , reef crystals by IO for me keep it around 9 dkh
  6. TheBishop

Par 30 LEDs $40/each

I could use that on my QT
  7. TheBishop

Hello everyone!

Welcome!
  8. TheBishop

DIY LED help needed

11 whites on one driver is pulling alot of ma's but still ok. but doesnt explain the blues, most likely it is the controller
  9. TheBishop

Par 30 LEDs $40/each

Tempted
  10. TheBishop

keep die

ditch the hood go topless with a good T5 light or LED system, under my LEDs my nem and corals are doing great
  11. TheBishop

Clownfish eggs

well i have them in my 10 gallon tank right now, not sure if it is going to work out but will give it a shot
  12. TheBishop

Lifespan?

I heard that anemones are considered to be near immortal in the wild or is that an urban legend?
  13. TheBishop

too many fish

I made same mistake starting out on the fly and had to restart. First thing RO/DI, substrate, live rock, skimmer, then fish (little at a time), CUC. Corals and anenome should be aways down the road and it cycles and tank becomes mature
  14. TheBishop

keep die

Tank is too young for an anemone. 1 year minimum they prefer established tanks with lots of light and water movement. Stock Biocube lights won't hack it for an anemone, I added a bubbletip at the 9 month mark and it still struggled, now doing fine
  15. TheBishop

Stupid Question

Ok won't use it, was just curious
  16. TheBishop

Par 30 LEDs $40/each

I will buy one from u for my sump
  17. TheBishop

Stupid Question

Yeah, the main in ingredient is Calcium Carbonate so figure there would be no difference
  18. TheBishop

Clownfish not eating, think its curtains for him

6 days ok sorry, no not trying to be mean just trying to understand
  19. TheBishop

Electrical tape?

Good old zip ties! the cure all
  20. TheBishop

Stupid Question

Calcium supplement tablets. Can they be used to dose calcium? I have a jar that is not being used that I'm eyeing