Search results

1. Imax

Coral banded shrimp???

My cleaner shrimp just got eaten by my new coral banded shrimp. Im not happy about my LFS for recommending the two together.
  2. Imax

Arranging corals

Hahaha! :)
  3. Imax

Tok's RSM 250

Huh? Dont say such things without telling the whole story. And dont tell me your tank has cracked again
  4. Imax

Moving live rock to back space RSM250

Thanks again Tok! :)
  5. Imax

Larger sump pump or MP 40?

If you're concerned about noise then Mp40 is not the way to go. I run mine at 40% to avoid the worst hum from the engine. Heard several other MP40 owners say the same thing. Since noise is different from ear to ear and person to person, i'll probarbly get someone here that disagrees with me...
  6. Imax

Tok's RSM 250

Looking great Tok! I like the mediarack. where did you buy that stuff, and what is the small halogen bulbs for? I asked a similar question in another topic, but lets just keep it here :)
  7. Imax

What do you keep in the back of your RSM250, Tok?
  8. Imax

And how about gluing rock directly on the glass bottomn? Is that a bad idea, or how do you make a rock tower stable in a thin layer of sand?
  9. Imax

Thanks for the replies. How about putting the rubble in media bags? Or would you just prefer going with bio balls or something like that instead?
  10. Imax

I want to reduce the amount of live rock in the display, but i want to keep the bateria culture in the live rock. Will the bacteria be able to live in the back circulation chambers of the RSM250 tank? Its dark and has lots of flow. I'm thinking about crushing some LR and keep in media bags...
  11. Imax

Incredibly SERIOUS QUESTION

hahaha, ddelozier.. i couldnt have said it better... :thumbup:
  12. Imax

SPS color before and after Ecotech Radion LED

Thank you :) Expensive, but easier to swallow if you calculate the money you spend on replacing t5's to get optimal light, power consumption, tank heat AND as you can see, results like this. I know you are convinced... now you just have to convince your wife ;)
  13. Imax

I started out at 60%, and i'm still there as some other lps bleached abit. I'll start moving up soon. The stylopora on the pictures is placed directly under the LEDs around 1 feet below the source. I was running 6x original T5 on my RSM 250 before the radions. I saw results after just a few...
  14. Imax

The pictures tells the story: BEFORE (Dont mind the picture in picture box, its from a different topic) Color a few months later
  15. Imax

Ecotech glue, what the heck?

Normal superglue is a good tip. Maybe my expectations for this "miracoulus" glue was a bit high, after seeing so many talk warm about it. Ill stick to two part epoxy, a pin to support the coral for 24 hours in the future. It works better for me.
  16. Imax

Ecotech glue, what the heck?

Just tried out Ecotech Elements glue, and i must say it isnt even worth the bottle it comes in. Its the most useless investment ive ever made in this hobby. Tried to glue a plate coral to some live rock and it glues to everything BUT the coral. The only thing stopping me from throwing it out the...
  17. Imax

Nuisance Algae

Oh crap, and I quit freshwater and discus, because i thought feeding and maintainace was easier with saltwater. I think i fooled myself ;)
  18. Imax

Nuisance Algae

Perhaps this is the source of my phosphate levels. What should i feed, instead of flake food? What do you use?
  19. Imax

Nuisance Algae

Hmm.. then what do you feed? Just curious :)
  20. Imax

skimer for my red sea max 250

Tunze 9002 is for RSM130 i think. I run Deltec MC500, is more quiet than the original one, and more effective. No real mods needed for install. some say it runs quiet, i cant completely agree, but atleast its more quiet than the original crap.