Search results

1. K

Chiller Maintenance

Fyi I needed to replace my accessory port on my RSM 250 today, so I decided to flush my chiller and wow was there lots of crud when I flushed it out. I also replaced the plastic hoses, so i would advise performing this maintenance at least once a year.
  2. K

RSM 650 Pricing

Just curious, when the RSM 650 was first introduced in 2011, it listed for $4,700, now it's priced at over $5,200. What justified the prices increase by $500?
  3. K

RSM 250 & Bio Pellet Reactor

Question? Looking for a bio pellet rector with a small footprint, that will fit in the left chamber of my RSM 250? CAD Lighting Aquariums released a bio pellet reactor in August to handle 40-50g tanks. I have heard this company has horrible customer service, but willing to take the chance...
  4. K

Red Sea Stool

Anyone know where you can purchase one of these tools?
  5. K

Aquarium Power Backup???

So with the summer season upon us and thunderstorm cause speratic power outages, what is everyone's fallback plan? I was looking at purchasing a Vortech MP40 with the backup battery, but I'm wondering if that will be enough? I have been pricing Honda generators and even though they are...
  6. K

Red Sea Max 250 Back Chamber

Does anyone know the demenions both the left and right chambers on the RSM 250?
  7. K

Red Sea Max 250 - Chiller Pump???

Just setup my MAX 250 over the weekend and all is running great. Skimmer easily dialed in, tank going thru it's cycle, but noticed the temp steady at 82-83 degrees without the fans. I will start testing the fans to see if it helps, but was starting to research chillers. If I need to...
  8. K

Red Sea Max Starter Kit?

Does anyone know if the starter kit comes with the purchase of a 130D or 250, or is it an additional cost? Thanks!
  9. K

RSM 250 Water Overflow Prevention

Good morning, I will be purchasing a RSM 250 in the coming months and have been doing lots of research on the entire "reef tank" experience. I want to know exactly what I'm getting myself involved with and get a good understand so far, with the prep, cycling, water changes etc. What I'm...