Search results

1. K

From DSB to bare bottom = silty water, solutions?

What RSM tank is this referring to?
  2. K

Continuous water changing set up

Short cuts will burn you in this hobby. If you don't like the maintenance, then this is not the hobby for you.
  3. K

New RSM C-Series C-130 & C-250

Rea Sea really knows how to drag something out.
  4. K

Did I make a mistake

Personally, I think your tank is not mature enough for an anemone, at 3 months old.
  5. K

Chillers

The chiller comes on maybe 5-6 times a day, but with the 90 degree turns from the accessory port to the chiller and back, there is quite a reduction in flow. Also, Eheim 5000 has a max flow rate of 1320 gph not 5000.
  6. K

Chillers

I have the Eheim 5000+ at 100% with the JBJ 1/5 chiller in the cabinet and still would like more flow than is currently provided.
  7. K

Matt's RSM 650 Build

Not using eggcrates on the bottom of your tank to support your rock?
  8. K

Chillers

JBJ 1/5hp
  9. K

Algea Outbreak

When I feed a little heavy, I see changes within the tank within 2-3 days. The RSM 250 has it's limitations based on the current stock setup, so first thing I would do is look at the amount your feeding. Also try Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7...
  10. K

Algea Outbreak

What's your feeding like? What nutrients are being added to the tank?
  11. K

Pumps On or Off When Feeding?

All pumps off, MP-40 stays on
  12. K

RSM 250 Skimmer cleaning...

Every three days
  13. K

RSM250 Stock Skimmer

You must be running the skimmer more on the dry side to get clump like that?
  14. K

Female Clown Viciously Attacking Male!!!!

Put the female in a breeders net, for three weeks. Personally, once they start fighting like that, the female most likely wants a new partner.
  15. K

Take over someones tank or start from scratch?

I think AIO (All In One) tanks are great for the beginner. I had mine for 15 months, but once you gain experience, you see the AIO systems have limits. I think an RSM 130/250 are great starter tanks, see if you really enjoy the hobby and learn as you go. The the keys is being patient!
  16. K

RSM 250 Chiller Install

I purchased these reduction couplers: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23766&catid=551 They work great 5/8 x 1/2... also, go with the Eheim 5000+, same footprint as the 3000+ but more gph.
  17. K

yellow tang started being a butthead!

First, yellow tangs should be introduced as a single, or as three, but never in two or there will be issues.
  18. K

New red sea max 250 7 days in added a chiller need help pump not enough....suggestion

Re: New red sea max 250 7 days in added a chiller need help pump not enough....sugges 100% I have my my JBJ chiller in the right size of my cabinet and still would like more flow even with the Eheim 5000. Like I mentioned, the 90 degree turned kill the flow.
  19. K

New red sea max 250 7 days in added a chiller need help pump not enough....suggestion

Re: New red sea max 250 7 days in added a chiller need help pump not enough....sugges Go with the Eheim Compact 5000, since that will provide the best flow. The 90 turns using the Red Sea accessory kit kills the flow, so the more flow you can provide the better. The 5000 footprint is the same...