Search results

1. N

Aggressive tank

So I have a reef tank going in my ram 130d. I want to go in a total different direction now. I want a lion fish and bad lol. If i take out more the live rock and just leave a few pieces. Also get ride of all the coral too. Could i do a lion fish then?
  2. N

Pumps

I have a rsm 130d. I have extension tubes on the pumps to prevent micro bubbles. They started making noise like rattling. If i tap it it goes away for a second. Anyone have this issue? Is it time for new pumps?
  3. N

Help with Koralia

I have a koralia nano 240 right now on the opposite side of the factory pumps. If i removed the nano and replaced with a koralia evolution 550 in that same spot. Would that pump be too much?
  4. N

Cheato help

Have a 1yr old+ rsm 34 gallon. Was wondering where everyone puts there cheato?
  5. N

Cooling fan HELP

Ok so i came home tonight and the hood to my rsm 130 was really hot! The cooling fan for the lights stopped working. Ive banged, blown, and stuck something in there to move the blades- nothing. So how hard is it to replace that fan and how do you do it! Btw i have replacement bulbs coming...
  6. N

WTB: Tunze 9002 skimmer

Hey all! I dropped my tunze 9002 skimmer and cracked the black housing. Anyone have one laying around that wants to sell theres? Thanks!
  7. N

Help with skimmer

Ok guys i have a rsm 130. The tank is established. Have 2 clowns, 6 line wraase, cleaner shrimp and some snails and hermits. I took out the media rack and tunze 9002 skimmer in hopes to get the stock skimmer working. I have elite over the skimmer pump then the black sponge. The water in the dt...
  8. N

Qt tank help

I am starting a QT tank. I have had it up and running for a month now. I have a heater thermometer, hang on the back power filter. I have hadd bacteria to it for a week straight. still my nitrates and nitites are still high. My PH and amonia levels are good. My question is i have heard2 ways of...
  9. N

UV sterlizer needed?

Hey all i am a owner of a RSM 130 that has been up and running for 4 months now. i had velvet in my tank and lost my first 2 clowns. So I know having a uv sterlizer will help minimize parasites in the tank. How would I set one of these up? I have the tunze 9002 skimmer with media basket btw.
  10. N

fILTER FOAM/PADS NEEDED?

I have the media rack and tunze 9002 skimmer. I have read on here that alot of people are not using any filter pads or foam in there sump. What is everyones opintions on this??
  11. N

Clowns wont eat

I have 2 Ocellaris clowns about 2 inches big. got them almost 2 weeks ago. they only eat a bite if that and thats not often. i have tried new life spectrum pellets(small), omega one flakes w/garlic), and mysis shrimp. its like they just watch it float by them. they also only come out of the...
  12. N

Carbon placement??

I have a RSM 130. I am using the stock skimmer. Where do you place the carbon? Can i put it under the foam block above the skimmer pump?
  13. N

Clowns won't eat...

Hey all i just got 2 occellaris(sp?) clowns last week. I have tried feeding them new life spectrum pellets, omega one flakes, and mysis shrimp which i tried a half block today. They just hang out in the rock work and wont eat. They dont seem to like to come out of the rock work when the lights...
  14. N

What is this blue worm?

Hey all just happened to notice this guy coming out of the rock. Its blue and not a bristle work cus they look like earth worms. This guy is odd. What is it??
  15. N

Nyfan78's RSM 130

16. N

Help w/micro bubbles

Hey i have a rsm 130. I having issues with one of the pumps putting out micro bubbles. I have extended both intakes half way down and have seals the cracks from what i can see on both pumps. I dont know what else to do. I am getting micro bubbles from the first pump. Help!!!
  17. N

Stock skimmer with intank media basket?

Hey there i have the tunze 9002 skimmer with the intake media basket. I have been having trouble keeping the tunze skimmer adjusted right. I was thinking of removing the tunze skimmer and reinstall the stock on then cut down the media basket to fit over the skimmer pump. any thoughts on this?
  18. N

Which skimmer???

I have a Red Sea MAx 130 tank. The Tunze 9002 skimmer came with the tank along with the filter tower. My question is which skimmer is better? The Tunze 9002 or the RSM 130D updated skimmer?
  19. N

Which skimmer?

I have a Red Sea MAx 130 tank. The Tunze 9002 skimmer came with the tank along with the filter tower. My question is which skimmer is better? The Tunze 9002 or the RSM 130D updated skimmer?
  20. N

RSM 130 inet cup issue

hey everyone i am new to this forum which is a awesome forum btw! also new to saltwater. i have a RSM 130 with the upgraded inlet cup. my issue is that the inlet cup keep floating up and water is coming in from the bottom between the back tank wall and the bottom of the cup. How do i keep the...