Search results

1. caligal

wet dry setup and red slime algae

got a 56 gallon tank with a large wet dry over-flow system in the corner. all that is in the tank is a pair of large ocellaris clowns and a large carpet anemone. theres also an anemone crab, a few turbos and 2 dwarf hermits, with some live rock. i cannot get rid of a red slime algae...
  2. caligal

lobophylia without a body?

is there any way humanly or in this case coraly possible that a lobo can live without an extoskeleton? ex. just its super thick meaty body if it attaches to a rock?
  3. caligal

phosphate levels

had a large long tentacle plate coral die overnight...removal was messy and contaminated the tank iv done recomended water changes 4 times and added the bottled beneficial bacteria (recomended by lfs) phosphate currently reads about 2.0 maybe a little less, all other levels are stable (ph...
  4. caligal

earthquakes?

living in socal...i realized the other day that i live in the earthquake capital of the world and have 3 glass boxes filled with water and fish in my house... do people earthquake proof their tanks??? is there any way to earthquake proof a tank???
  5. caligal

emergency coral rehab!

so i rescued a beautiful bubble coral from an aquarium store the other day. i tend to rescue and rehab things instead of spending lots of money on big beautiful fully grown and polyped ones. but anyways. its got a skeleton showing on each side...not too severely but somewhat (1/16-1/8") iv been...
  6. caligal

is it mean to kill aptasia?

in my biocube 29 i have 2 or 3 absolutely beautiful pieces of live rock but they are covered with 1/2 dozen or so of big good sized aptasia is it mean to kill them? idk what else to do to get them off. the tank is a 1 anemone 2 clownfish only tank, but i still wished that my live rock wasnt...
  7. caligal

Ai Sol Bricks

Just upgraded my reef tank with two AI Sol bricks, I'm a little tied up on programming them. Anyone running the sol's on their tank? I'd love to know what settings you are using ans what levels you're running them at! Thank you :)
  8. caligal

clownfish eggs

so my clownfish laid eggs for the first time...iv been talking with many people and understand how hard it is to capture/raise the larvae into fry but i was just trying to figure out...how long will it take for the eggs to hatch? the eggs were laid on july 31st, and im wondering when i can...
  9. caligal

take a chance???

iv got a giant carpet anemone in a tank with 2 clowns, i've nicknamed it the "death tank." there is currently a single turbo snail 2 dwarf hermit crabs...anything else i've put in the tank, the anemone has eaten. to date it has consumed a 2 turbo snails a sand sifting star, it got ahold of a...
  10. caligal

holes in my devils hand

so my devils hand is giant and healthy but when he stands up and polyps, he has these giant cheese greterish white spots on him he has fragged, but im scared that there might be something wrong just wondering what the problem is and how to fix it, thanks! btw...the photo is taken at night...
  11. caligal

Led citis ???

anyone have any experience with "LED CITIS" lights?
  12. caligal

busted impeller?! freaking out!

iv got a 65 gallon reef thats usually upkept by my dad but hes gone for a week and out of contact tonight since hes 3 hours ahead... so iv got a sump in the botton, sump has the sock and the pump in it (hope in getting this right)... on the other side of the sump is my protein skimmer that...
  13. caligal

emergency?

gotta carribean blue in my tank and just noticed in each eye he has something coming out of them, looks almost like a stick-like worm portruding out of what seems like the same place in each eye iv dealt with ich mayb 3 times and this is not ich, and have always quarintined, hes maybe a year...
  14. caligal

new tank! no planning...

just purchased a 10" ~5 gallons (i guess) hex... just put some sand in and am beginning to fill it with water. kinda a sput of the minute project so i dont have a plan or a filter on it yet...my hang on the back aqueon doesnt fit and i dont want to spend alot of $ right now (gotta wait...
  15. caligal

red kelp?

just thought id get some opinions... saw a rock of red kelp for sale in my lfs for just a few $. its maybe 7" tall and a few wide and very leafy/branchy so its healthyish i guess, i know its sometimes a nusciance algae tho, any pros of having one in a tank? what are the cons tho just...
  16. caligal

help? safe? !!!!

is clarifier plus safe for anemones? i am in a diar situation and need to know pretty quickly if i can put a small dose in some water that will be added to a nems tank or if i need to hold off? thanks everyone
  17. caligal

lighting?

i have a newly established 3gallon picotope nano tank and would like to upgrade the lighting so i can start adding corals. i have a few kenya frags from my 65 gallon tank that seem to be doing fine, but i added a toadstool and it failed to polyp, so hes back in another tank now...id just like to...
  18. caligal

Identification please!!!???

was really sure where to put this thread...but i was taking some nanorock out of my biocube filter area and found this...its filled with water and somewhat translucent...like a squishy tube pipe looking thing...not sure if i needed to dispose of it immediately or if it was ok (I HOPE THIS PHOTO...
  19. caligal

Compatibility Question

Is my Clown Goby in my 3 gallon pico compatible with 2 dwarf hermit crabs (they're the tiny ones with blue legs)?
  20. caligal

how do u upload pictures???

how can i post a picture on a tread? im only recieving the option of uploading a url but the image is on my desktop...no url ?