Search results

1. deepseadiver

Moving tanks and shutting down

Gey guys, well my fishroom is slowly taking shape and workmen are installing extracotr fans etc and building salt room. The main room needs to be replastered and i need to move the rsm into the center of the room for a few days "rsm 250" whats the quickest way of moving it as im hoping not to...
  2. deepseadiver

anybody own an s line in merlot anthracie or ultramarine

Just curious guys as ill be putting me order in soon and ive not seen any people actual tanks (only brochure.. of those seem a wierd colour) if so are they justified over white? just throwing it out there
  3. deepseadiver

Johns s500

Hey guys, as you all know ive had some moderate success with my first ever fish tank the rsm 250. My partner and I have decided that in our current house set up the tank is too intrusive in its current position. Ive decided to convert my garage into 2 rooms (utility room / fish room-study). Its...
  4. deepseadiver

Dropped a bollock.. Oops

Well on sat I picked up a stupid impulse buy. Condylictus anemone and a sweet lips. I now realise that the anemone is bad new and could sting all my fish and corals. It doesn't appear to have yest and has been in one day . He has settled on a leather coral which shows no indication of stress...
  5. deepseadiver

Help baby regal tang stuck in rear chambers

As it says above really. He must have got through skimmer grill and I can't get him out... Any ideas Cheers John
  6. deepseadiver

HELP - Leaking Rsm 250

Just came home today after been out to find approximatly a cup full of water on the floor by the tank. This has originated from the 3 slits just under the power centre. Not sure what to do or where its coming from. How can i prevent it from getting much worse and why would this happen? John
  7. deepseadiver

Have I got my Rsm 250 landscape or flow patterns wrong

Ive got a thread already on my tank "DeepseaDivers 250" so you guys can have a look at my tank its set up with about 35kg of live rock set up as a long reef with about 4 inches clearance on both sides, the reef is central in the tank with space behind the reef "towards back wall" and open front...
  8. deepseadiver

Vortechs and Rsm 250

Well guys, ive been running my mp40w es for about 2 weeks now and im that impressed im going to add a second one in the next couple of weeks. I have also ordered the battery back up which will arrive in my hands tomorrow :-). Question 1: would running an mp10w es be sufficient as the second...
  9. deepseadiver

strange looking egg sack on live rock..

Hey guys, ive had my tank cycling for about 1 month now and i have some clean up crew and hermits in. Tonight i noticed these strange egg sacks.. quite soft and rubbery to touch.. any ideas? thanks in advance guys
  10. deepseadiver

algaue bloom in my rsm 250

just a quick one guys. the algae that i have had died off and has now come back with avengance, i currently have a good clean up crew and dont think i need more, I was thinking of reducing my lighting hours down to about 8 hours per day to minimize the algae growth, but on the other hand will it...
  11. deepseadiver

Which mp10 vortech

Hey guys As the title asks which mp 10 is the best I mean I know the wireless one is supposedly better but as far as I can tell there is still a wire. What are the real world benefits of having it over the standard es Thanks guys :-)
  12. deepseadiver

struggling to get rsm 250 water levels right

Hey guys just a quick one. I have followed the manuals advice on trying to get water level correct (pull gate up fully and monitor level after couple of mins. ( in my water level it dropped straight to the bottom and the pump was blowing bubbles (main tank aquarium is at just above black rim...
  13. deepseadiver

what is this

Hey guys, i aquired this piece of coral yesterday with my live rock and ive just started cycling my tank.. day 3 the coral was pure blue when i put it in, now it has these brown lumps coming out of it can anyone please identify the coral and b what the lumps are thanks alot guys
  14. deepseadiver

deep sea divers RSM 250 thread

Hey everyone, after much deliberation I have just ordered my RSM 250 "black". Just got to wait for the weekend for it to get delivered. unfortunatly due to funds i have to wait a further week to buy live rock etc. had the option of picking up the water and sand with tank but im assuming its...
  15. deepseadiver

NEW to RSM unsure which model/colour to get

Hi guys im new to salt water tanks and am looking to buy my first tank in the next 2-3 weeks. Ive gleamed alot of info so far but im unsure of a couple of things. first of all my other half suggests that I get the 130d to begin with, then build up to the 250 as I get more accustomed to the salty...