Search results

1. matthewfamily

DIY led upgrade

To be honest probably not for a few years I'm actually living in an apartment right now, I don't want to set myself up for failure starting sps corals and then moving the tank. We are looking to buy a home within the next two years then I'm really gonna set my goals for harder to care for...
  2. matthewfamily

DIY led upgrade

Thanks for the info I'm shut down for the next few days while I get appropriate length power cords for the drivers so I figured I'd check while the hood was split. Any other time I'm the guy taking things apart finding out the hard way.:thumbup:
  3. matthewfamily

DIY led upgrade

I'm finding out that tinning LEDs and wires is not all it is cracked up to be. If anyone is looking into adding LEDs to their hood you might want to look into one of the RSM kits and then add your greens and reds onto that kit. Three drivers mounted in the hood is a bit much but still workable...
  4. matthewfamily

Red Sea 250

Thanks for all the greetings, I will be posting pics as soon as I break down and take some. I am currently mid fabrication of a 60 led retro in my stock hood and havent put much into corals due to this adventure.As it sits right now I have just a few soft corals and quite an overpopulation of...
  5. matthewfamily

Red Sea 250

Hello all, Wanted to pop in and say hi, been registered for a while just been busy with the family and life's little curveballs.