Search results

1. ark584

Ali's "Oasis" RSM 250

Yes!!!! That's what mine looks like too! *phew* thought it was bryopsis at first but now i can sleep easy tonight. Lol. Great thread development you had there about it too. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  2. ark584

clown and anemone relationship

Hi Phantom! I'm no pro (as you can tell by my number of posts), but it seems like you maybe havent given your LTA a chance to acclimate to its bew environment... Add to that an aggressive (albeit mclovin') clownfish, and it becomes apparent that the LTA might be stressed as you yourself might...
  3. ark584

Ali's "Oasis" RSM 250

I'm noticing a slightly resilient algae growth on my glass and back wall now... Been blooming over the past few days, but development was fairly noticeable today... Will test water parameters tomorrow and post results... In the meantime i've increased skimming (more on wet side) to remove more...
  4. ark584

Ali's "Oasis" RSM 250

I'm on it Glenn. ;) Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  5. ark584

Gaaaaaahhhhh!!!! What IS that?!?!

Thanks for the replies guys! Sorry bout the blasphemous remark. Wont happen again (i'm usually good with that...but Barry really, really scared me). Been m.i.a. Cuz i made the move to iphone 4s and had to move all apps via icloud (including forumrunner). bought a 12pack of latex gloves last...
  6. ark584

Tom, thank you for introducing me to Barry. Hereonin, I shall forever be terrified of sticking my hand in the tank. lol Barry can't be real... Can he? What if this Annelid in my tank ends up growing into some 6 foot sea serpent? By the way, do any of you use arm-length rubber gloves when...
  7. ark584

Jesus Christ! (forgive the blasphemy) but what the heck is that?!?! Looks like an alien bloodsucking earth worm from hell! Dont even know how long it is but looks big.... Just sprouted out of that hole tonight and it looks evil.... Is it evil?! Should i tweeze it out and feed it to the bottom of...
  8. ark584

Ali's "Oasis" RSM 250

Thanks Matt! I'm super stoked! I rearranged all my LR yesterday after taking out the "paly of death" that was growing on one of the LR. Figured since my arm was way into the tank that i might as well take the opportunity to 'swim' for a little longer. Forgot to switch off skimmer though... And...
  9. ark584

New iPhone 4S

great photos Glenn! and i LOVE the multicolored Acanthophyl! how on earth did that color variation come about? is it common?? oh, and I'm still waiting for my 4S to arrive.... preordered it on Apple website... a month later I'm still waiting.... silly customs here have had a huge backlog of...
  10. ark584

Free Feeling Peachy Palys

I had a small colony of these come in with the LR i bought (i believe i posted photo of them on the "hichhicker ID" thread. Decided last night to remove the rock from my tank. Taking it back to LFS to get another rock. :) They DO seem rather aggressive... Just by the way they look. I dub thee...
  11. ark584

All contributing members please read!

Thanks guys! I'm really happy here. :) Was barking up the wrong trying to get local friends as excited about the hobby. Realize now that the internet is truly a godsend. Makes me wonder and appreciate everything every reefer did to get the word out during the pre-forum era. Thanks for the...
  12. ark584

Looking back....WOW!

Always love going down memory lane with photos! Nostalgia overload. :D Great shots by the way :) Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  13. ark584

Thanks matt and glenn! Contribution made! :) If i can't be of aid where knowledge of reefing is concerned, i'll help whichever way i can :) FYI, this is the first time i become a forum member...ever. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  14. ark584

Ali's "Oasis" RSM 250

Ok i've removed the paly LR. Couldnt stand how brown it looked. Lol I believe it's save to say that my diatom bloom has begun full force. I have spots of it growing on the back wall of the tank and on the sandbed. Oh how beautiful liverock is. My girlfriend came over tonight and saw me...
  15. ark584

Ok for the life of me, i cannot find where i have to contribute (the link?). :$ Could be cuz I'm running the foru on my phone browser (which is a pain to navigate with). I'll download forum runner now.
  16. ark584

Paaaaaaaranoia!

Thanks for the tips Tek and Catran. They do look rather deathly... i'll think some more about it today at work during my idling moments and make a decision by evening when i get home. :)
  17. ark584

Ali's "Oasis" RSM 250

Glenn, I can't thank you enough for the link you posted. It answered all my up until now unanswered questions, gave specific timelines, and explained the secrets of the...well... secret cycle. lol. I'll just stare intently at the tank over the next few weeks and do the tests as instructed. I'm...
  18. ark584

Ali's "Oasis" RSM 250

Thanks Glenn! I managed to get a bottle of tropic marine's elimi-aiptas from my LFS (guess he felt guilty selling me uncured liverock as cured ones. I used it on the ones i could see so now i just have to wait till his next stock of peppermint shrimp (thanks ch3tt) comes in and i'll buy a...
  19. ark584

Who has converted their RSM (130 or 250) to full LED?

Hello gents! I'm also considering LED conversion down the line as I want to reduce the longterm cost of the hobby from the getgo (one can only dream :D). I'm currently researching LED's online and will continue to do so until my current T5's on my Rsm 250 start to lose power. A note to Sean...
  20. ark584

Kessil A150W LED light compatible with any aquarium controllers?

Hi there! Dont know if u've already found your answer (question was posted last month..) but i was researching these LED's myself until I learned that they're not dimmable (hardware can handle it, but manufacturer has not allowed the function into the commercial product). I hear they're coming...