Search results

1. FishinBob

Removing scratches from starphire glass!

Thank you much appreciated, I will say I am a avid diyer... not many people get the concept of spending countless hours on projects for no other purpose then learning something new. I was intrigued by the lack of actual results in the reefing community with statements like "it's not possible"...
  2. FishinBob

Well another couple hours and the process is showing excellent results. The worst of he scratches are 90% removed have a half dozen scuffs yet to remove. Only 2 or 3 scratches I couldn't completely remove. I am astounded at how well it works lots of work but beautiful results with zero...
  3. FishinBob

What i don't understand is everyone online people say it's not possible, in guessing they never actually tried or gave up after 20 minutes or so. Going to polish every panel when done for consistancy and just remove any hard water stains Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  4. FishinBob

Here's another set I've worked on for about 2 hrs 80 percent removed. Going back over the original set I started think I can get those 90% removed. I have changed my technique I've increased speed more and thickened the cerium. Oxide to a paste spraying every 10 seconds or so. High speed high...
  5. FishinBob

FishinBobs 90 gallon reef journey!

Well found a great deal on a used elos 160xl absolutley beautiful tank dimsions of 63x31.5x23.5"tall 200gallon rimless. Excited about the extra width coming from a 18" wide 90 gallon. Have to modify the stand and build a floating canopy for my diy leds. Tank is looking good but definitely need...
  6. FishinBob

The key is a battery tender, but even with that batteries do tend to die.. these are for my boat so they were "laying around" the direct dc connection uses significantly less power than a converter due to power loss from conversion. And runs the vortech on 50 percent of set flow at constant...
  7. FishinBob

Hey oxylebius, very simple design it's put away I'll get some pictures but it's just 3 (kind of 4) simple parts. First 1 deep cycle battery (sealed if inside vented if outside) anywhere from 35 amp hours-120ah I use 120ah. 1 1.8mm male barrel plug with wires... (try to get largest wires...
  8. FishinBob

I'm impressed and saddened at the same time... it's working great but taking some time. I was going to get the sandpaper kit and go at it for time frame but this is working so Well and is actually improving the glass (removing water stains and spots) the tank actually looks clearer/cleaner then...
  9. FishinBob

Well another couple hrs and a different technique has proven to work very well. I turned the cerium oxide into a light paste (slightly thinner than tooth paste) I started out of fear on the settings 2-3.5 I've now bumped speed up to 4-5 applying steady pressure but constantly moving while...
  10. FishinBob

Well doser mishap threw me off buy finally back in action! The misses got me some black Friday goodies some frags and a new powder blue... before the words... yes it's a 90 gallon but Wil be upgrading in the next month.. picked up an elos 160xl!!! HERE'S where we are and where it's going next...
  11. FishinBob

Right? This is about 4-5 hrs worth of work but i also have hit some other scratches as well almost an entire panel 24x28. Here is another before and after... have about 3 more groups I've been working on in this time frame, absolutely no distortion on the glass either. Time consuming yes,very...
  12. FishinBob

Well I figured I would share some of my results from removing scratches from a used tank I recently purchased. Tank is an elos 160xl couldn't pass it up, looked fairly good but the tank was dirty. And coraline covered one panel as it as setup as a peninsula. Here's what it looked like. Looks...
  13. FishinBob

Marty's reef tank

Tank looks great! It's amazing how a slight hiccup can catch you off gaurd, but they bounce back quick! Beautiful tank! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  14. FishinBob

Well noticed my colors fading and PH dropping, remembered I adjusted my doser and forgot to reset it(only days but still 350 ml over the span). So decent water change and monthly trimming. Got a good bunch of frags for the store. Added a nice green acan I traded for some trimmings [emoji41]...
  15. FishinBob

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Absolutely stunning! I've been following for quiet a while beautiful setups! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  16. FishinBob

Thanks the white is a outdoor led light from lower extremely bright. I like the contrast of the white and blue though. Well picked up some more goodies and added to my acan/zoa garden. Sps are coloring up nicely and some of the new monti' s are crawling up the plugs! Sent from my...
  17. FishinBob

Got some motivation today and worked on the sump. Got a 24"x24" sheet of 1/4" acrylic and made a hanging rack for the phyto and copepod cultures(no more falling in and emptying) also took some left over starboard and made a simple frag lights out of some exotic strips. Moved some mummy eyes down...
  18. FishinBob

I am quickly running out of space and the upgrade bug calls..oh and a couple nps gorgonians I picked up this weekend beautiful white polyps! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  19. FishinBob

Well little update got a great deal on some nice drags today I'm pretty stoked about. Bizzaro, afterburn monti, Skittles cyphstra, green and pink millies and a beautiful gold and blue tipped torch(top of my list) and checked out a 180 ellos rimless 60'x30x23" beautiful tank but a bit out of my...
  20. FishinBob

Thanks everyone, luckily me and the tank survived the storm and just got back to real life again. Somehow out of the 4.5 million people in south florida, about 1 hr away from irma's landfall we got a direct hit and still never lost power! The reefing gods were in my favor, but some of my fellow...