Search results

1. ChrisY

Ok, this is old but caught my attention...

Ran across this today. i must have missed it when it came out. I know my Mandarin loves his pods, but this one would make him sprout legs and run. :) http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/02/article-0-118FBEE4000005DC-591_634x357.jpg Chris
  2. ChrisY

Well 2 months after having my relatively new AC unit repaired its out again.

This morning its about 86 degrees in the house. I have two tanks, when do I need to start worring? I have the AC people coming out this afternoon to repair. Tank 1 is at 81 deg, the other I am not sure, the thermometer there went on the blink. Chris
  3. ChrisY

What do you do for vacation?

Not in terms of what you do while on vacation, lets keep it PG13. lol :) Anyway, what I mean is how do you all deal with your tanks while you are away for a week or so. One of mine has ATO so I am good there, but the other doesn't. Also what about feeding. Do I need to get a neighbor to come...
  4. ChrisY

Very glad to see some new members!

Hi Everyone, I am very happy to see new members joining! i am sure you will find it a very rewarding experience in RS. you couldn't ask for a better friendlier and helpful group of people. i was into salt a number of years ago, but moved, let things go etc, so I tore it down. Then last year, I...
  5. ChrisY

Mantis seem to be getting more popular...

In all the time at my LFS I have never seen Mantis at my LFS. a few weeks ago, I was astounded to see that they had a peacock for sale, then this past weekend, they also have a couple more, I am thinking they were Zebra or something. they were black and white striped. couldn't tell if they were...
  6. ChrisY

JBJ 28g 150 Mh is up and running

Well, I have been offline for a bit mainly so dont know if I actually started a new tank thread or not, but my daughters JBJ HQI is up and running. For a while it has was just LS and LR, then a couple weeks ago added a Watchman to it. Today she got a very tiny little neon blue goby. Its in drip...
  7. ChrisY

new tank

Well, finally setting up the new tank for my daughter. RODI water is in, heaters and flow. I will start adding salt when the temp comes up a bit. what sort of sand would you recommend, for this tank I am planning on SPS and some clams mainly. looking for suggestions. Chris
  8. ChrisY

Well, I am still alive... :)

Still have 10, 10 year old girls at the house for my daughters sleep-over birthday party last night and I am still alive!!!! :) Breakfast it just about over and I think I might make it till pick up time :)
  9. ChrisY

Don't be shy, we don't bite!!!! :)

Hi everyone, I have just been noticing that there are a LOT of people (and some Sasquatches) roaming these boards. For example at the moment there are 84 members and 496 Guests. For all you Guests out there, please sign up! There are really a TON of very smart people on here and we are a very...
  10. ChrisY

OT:salt water, well seafood more specifically related... :)

The oter night I ate some giant clam, I seemed to be allergic to either it or something in the sauce, which would be a first, but anyway, tonight, planning on making some pan fried : C. chanos and some Yumm
  11. ChrisY

Is this a bad idea?

So I currently have an RSM 130D and while I technically dont need it, I was thinking about putting in a fuge to grow cheato, maybe DSB and possibly banish crabs to. lol But, the issue is the size under the tank isnt that large so I would have to go custom and that makes me wonder if it was worth...
  12. ChrisY

Where's Monti???

Inquiring minds want to know!!! :)
  13. ChrisY

WTB: Tunze 9002 skimmer

Let me know if you have one for sale. And/or StevieT media rack.
  14. ChrisY

What is it about cell phones?

Its like magic, i can pretty much guarantee that as soon as I get my hand in the tank to do something my cell phone rings. Seriously, its like clock work. :) Also along a similar vein, as soon as I sit down to work, read, etc, I hear "Dad!" from the other room and I have to get up and see what...
  15. ChrisY

Starting to dream about reefs

Well, its cold and the land is covered in snow here, so I started to dream about what trip to take.. Thinking about Spring break taking the family to Punta Cana, or hold out till the summer and maybe go back to the Philippines again. Any suggestions? Chris
  16. ChrisY

Anyone in chat?

I am in if anyone wants to join.
  17. ChrisY

These guys are pretty cool.

Anyone have these? They look pretty cool. Note, I am not selling, just ran across them on ebay thought they looked pretty neat. Kryptonite Alveopora *Reef Pets* Kryptonite Alveopora Frag LPS *Live Coral* | eBay
  18. ChrisY

Its about that time...

Well, the plan is to go pick up tank #2 on friday. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet for sure, but its technically 'for the kids' (wink wink) :) Its a 29G Biocube w/ 150W MH lights and a chiller. I dont know what I want to do in there. maybe clams maybe a scallop or two and some fish...
  19. ChrisY

OT: Ok, fish are smart, I have proof.

My clowns and Jorge seem to like it when I put on some AC/DC. :) lol Chris
  20. ChrisY

Red Sea Reef Care Program

Ok, well this afternoon I received the Reef Care Program kit. I have not used it yet but wanted to show what was included and to be honest it surprised me how much there was. As I use them I will post my results. Chris