Search results

1. modulok

NJ RSM s500 Tank and all equipment

I am selling my RSM s500 and all equipment. Located in Northern New Jersey. Everything SOLD Thanks! Reef Angel Complete Setup $100 for everything below (or individual prices below) RA+ Controller $85 Expansion Hub $15 Wifi Attachment $10 USB-TTL Converter Cable $5 Full Tank Cabinet Power...
  2. modulok

NJ Tank Teardown - livestock must go!

I am selling all livestock and my RSM s500 and all equipment. Located in Norther New Jersey. Please make offers on anything (or everything). Live rock (Fiji/Pukani and base rock from ReefCleaners) Fish: Yellow tail Damsel (very timid) Pink Skunk Clownfish 6 Line Wrasse Coral: Lots of...
  3. modulok

Size of flow pump plumbing

I was looking to add some Loc Line plumbing to my RSM S series. I tried 1/2" female elbow barb adapter and 3/4". The 1/2" barb seemed a bit loose for the green tubing, and 3/4" was too big. Is this possible to do...
  4. modulok

RSM S500 Items - Lights & Skimmer

I recently upgrade my lights and skimmer and no longer need the original Red Sea Max S 500 T5 light fixture and C-Skimm 1800. Both have been in a smoke free home. I will provide photos later, but the lights are in great shape and worked great for the last 4 years. However the bulbs are almost a...
  5. modulok

Max S series lighting rail cleaning

What's the best way to clean the lighting guide rails? I want to remove the T5 light fixture but want to clean it first. Salt creep and few years of not cleaning there is a decent build up. So what do you Max S owners do? Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
  6. modulok

Rust in mixing can

So I accidentally left my tubing brush in the can I use to mix water. It also had some old tank water in it. There is a part of the tubing brush that's metal... And now there is some rust at the bottom of the can. I should ditch the can, right? Or am I nuts to think it may leech to the plastic...
  7. modulok

RSM S-Series Lighting

I am thinking of putting the three separate fixtures on their own cycles. Can anyone tell me if this is a bad idea? My idea was to let the T5 lights, and fixture cool down for 15min every 2hrs. // Center T5 Light Schedule [ 9:15am - 6:00pm ] ReefAngel.StandardLights( CenterT5,9,15,11,15...
  8. modulok

Baby snails hatched! What kind are they?

I probably have over 1,000 of these very tiny white snails in my tank. Finally got out the macro lens and got a few pics. Can anyone tell me which species they are?
  9. modulok

What type of fan is best to cool water surface & lighting fixtures?

I am looking to get a fan to blow over my T5 fixtures and water to use evaporating cooling. I would attach to my Reef Angel controller and program to come on when water hits certain temp. I have a wall or ceiling I could mount the fan, as I rather not attach to the tank.
  10. modulok

Bubble Tip Lost a Tentacle

Last night I saw a green tentacle floating around my tank, obviously from my GBTA. The anemone looks fine, and even ate last night after I removed the stray tentacle from the tank. About a week or two ago I noticed him moving a few inches from his normal spot (for 6 months). But it was very...
  11. modulok

Pink Skunk biting GBTA

Last night after lights out I looked in the tank with a flashlight. When it stopped over the clownfish in his nem I saw him biting on a few of the tips of the nem (almost like a baby teething) I noticed the tips looked a little beat up as well. I have had the clownfish since Nov 2011, and the...
  12. modulok

Adding 2nd Clownfish

I have a Pink Skunk Clown who is hosting a Green Bubble Tip Anemone. He has been in the tank since November 2011. I was thinking to add another Pink Skunk, but was not sure if they would bond together in the same nem, or fight.
  13. modulok

Leather coral stalk yellowish

I moved the coral and noticed the base of the stalk not looking so hot. I'd say the actual color is in between the pics. Can I cut the bad looking part out and reattach the top half of stalk?
  14. modulok

Gbta vs peppermint

I just watched my peppermint poke a hole in my anemone. After he poked him he tore out something. I quick got him away, but the nem looks hurt. Well this kill him?
  15. modulok

Vortech MP40

Selling my MP40 because I don't need it anymore with my new tank. I bought it in November 2011 and used it for about 6-7 months. Asking $375 with free UPS Ground shipping (within the US). I have two brand new filter covers and one slightly used. All three are included.
  16. modulok

Quick Plumbing Question

I have a female threaded connector 3/4" (My Red Sea Max 500) that I want to adapt to a 1/2 hose barb. From what I found, MPT= Male Pipe Thread. So from the images below, the MPT is 3/4" and that would fit in my system. MPT x Insert Reducing Adapter 3/4" MPT x 1" Insert (Picture is...
  17. modulok

How long can a snail live out of water?

Just doing a little cabinet cleaning, and I found 3 nerite snails. In my RSM 500 there was one on the left hand side, laying on the plastic shelf on the bottom. I decided to lift it up, and found two more on the floor! No idea how long they have been down there, but the shells were bone dry. I...
  18. modulok

Ph, kh, ma

I have been struggling to get all three in check. My Mag has always been 1400-1450 (a bit high), while the PH is around 7.6-8 and the KH in the 100-120ppm range. I've been using Kent Pro Buffer dKH but it seems like I have to constantly add that to get the KH up. Would the high Mag cause...
  19. modulok

What to do with dead snails?

I have a dead Nerite (found him on the floor behind tank) and a Mexican Turbo Snail. I've watched and I don't see anything eating either like I was hoping. Should I remove them and let they dry out and rot so I can use the empty shells? Or just let leave them in the tank.
  20. modulok

Brown hair algae/Red Fuzzy algae

Will my CUC of 3-4 emeralds, starry & bicolor blennies, 10-15 hermits, and many varied snails do the job and eat this stuff up? Tank is 2 months old (from transfer of old tank that was 8 months old). I have a bunch of chaeto and good algae in the sump area. But it's not keeping up with the...