Search results

1. G

Advise on LED Lighting Options

I've got an old RSM130 that I bought used and have had for years. The internal fluorescent tubes died long ago and I replaced them with Exocotic Panorama strips attached inside the hood. Not such a good idea as they corrode and die every couple of years; but I just replaced them periodically and...
  2. G

Mystery Creature found in my tank

Looks interesting! probably a good thing to have in your tank, since it should be a filter feeder...
  3. G

MissStress's RSM 130

MissStress, I thought my ESM130 was acrylic too, for the same reason. But it really is glass. GBose
  4. G

Spaghetti monster?

May you be touched by his noodly appendage ... and slurp the holy Marinara
  5. G

Long Tentacle Plate

Looks great!
  6. G

What is my sea urchin doing?

Thanks, guys -- I learned something today. PAULB - THX :olsmile:
  7. G

What is my sea urchin doing?

I have a new blue tuxedo urchin, who seems to have settled down well in my tank. I recently noted that he seemed to have extruded long spines/tentacles that were much longer than his regular spines. You can see them in the picture, sticking out to the sides of the tank. Does anyone know what...
  8. G

The lost fish to anemone club, How did it happen

I'm inclined to doubt this. Rock Flowers are really not very aggressive. Sure something else didn't get him?
  9. G

What kind of Crab to get?

I have a couple of porcelain crabs and anemone crabs -- v. cool and they haven't disturbed my corals...
  10. G

Red Sea Max 130D--Opinions?

I just wanted to comment on the various suggestions for RSM130D upgrades. The ideas all seemed excellent and existing 130D owners might want to upgrade their tanks. But IMHO when you're buying a tank and feel you already need to switch out major components (lighting, skimmer, etc) then that...
  11. G

A worm you don't want in your aquarium.

Wow -- that thing is WILD!!
  12. G

Becoming an urchin fan

:square:
  13. G

Becoming an urchin fan

I have kept a tuxedo for 3 years, and then it died. No luck with Halloweens --- both died in 3-6 months. I believe they needed more algae than I had available....
  14. G

My New Aussie Elegance Coral

......... "an octopus-like head whose face was a mass of feelers, a scaly, rubbery-looking body" (Lovecraft) OK, yes -- beautiful coral!! :yup:
  15. G

most rarest/expensive you have?

Steve L I feel -- and share -- your pain!!! GBose
  16. G

BTA pic

.... WARNING ... in the second picture, it seems to have a human hand under it and may be feeding on it. Not sure if the RBTA killed the owner? Handle with care!!! GBose
  17. G

Receding Scoly

DK, Congratulations on saving that lovely scoly -- great work!!!!! GBose
  18. G

New Reef Tank and User

Welcome to Reefsanctuary!!
  19. G

So who wants to get me this Hot Pink Frogspawn :)

Reefle, I'd have got it for you, but they want me to pay for shipping...... GBose
  20. G

Hello

Welcome to Reefsanctuary!!