Search results

1. PSBoston

Got transferred - looking to give away my clowns in Boston

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I posted - it has been a crazy two years since started my reef adventure and my little rsm 130d has been a lot of fun. I recently got word that I will be moving back to Charlotte, which is great but not optimal for running my tank in the near term. Since...
  2. PSBoston

Cleaning a LifeReef Overflow Box?

Hey guys, I know some of you have/had this piece of kit. I have had mine for a few months and it is working great, just curious how often and how you clean them. I am starting to get some build up on the foam filter. Is there a chance of overflow if it gets too clogged? As always you...
  3. PSBoston

Do I need the surface skimmer grate?

Hey guys quick question, to get some more room up top do I need the internal surface skimmer block? I have an overflow on the tank and don't have any water level issues to deal with for the skimmer since it is in the sump. It would make more room at the top and hopefully allow more...
  4. PSBoston

Boston Heat Wave nailed my QT - poor Midas Blenny lost

Bad news had my happy little blenny in there for 6 weeks, turned out it was a week too long. Tired to get him into the main where i have a chiller, but he didn't last the day. Tank got up to about 88 at least - the air conditioner in the spare room failed and I was out of town.... damn...
  5. PSBoston

2 Ricordea on one rock?

Hi guys, I am new to corals but I have 2 ricordea and of course they both settled on the same rock and pretty close to each other. All was well, until one started getting larger and now is infringing on the others turf. The other one is now starting to shrink up and looks like it is receding...
  6. PSBoston

Warning! Ecotech Battery Backup Meltdown! Pics included

Hey guys, I am pretty disappointed in ecotech right now. So I was doing my water change and looked over and the battery backup has melted down, must have happened in the last day or two. Looks like anything plastic on all the terminals are fried. It even melted the terminal to the cord that...
  7. PSBoston

Media Filtration Question

Happy weekend everyone! Quick question? Now that I have a sump all set up. I have a nice filter basket but only room for two of the three medias I want to use. I plan on putting the third in the sump but there will not be as much flow through the media. Which one should I go the more...
  8. PSBoston

Tunze ATO Malfunction

Hey Guy, hoe all is well! I have had the Tunze ATO for over 6 months and it was working fine until a week ago. Now all of a sudden, it will keep releasing water till the alarm goes off and moves the second float switch. I have it next to my skimmer, do you think that the bubbles in the...
  9. PSBoston

Clown fish scratching or cleaning - should I treat for ICH?

Hi everyone, The last couple of days my 2 clowns have been acting odd. Every now and they push their faces to the rock and sometimes their bodies like scratching. They seem to only do it in their area of the tank where the sleep and I have been reading they clean areas to nest and sometimes...
  10. PSBoston

Little white tubes on live rock?

Hi everyone, any idea what these are? Hopefully it is something common like snail eggs, but I have been looking all over and can't figure out what they are. The spring up in groups on the live rock, no where in particular. As always you guys/gals are the best people on the web, thanks!
  11. PSBoston

Killer Cleaner Shrimp???

Hey, just witnessed my cleaner shrimp kill the one I just purchased. Originally I bought two (from the same tank) and I thought one molted but didn't show up in 3 weeks. Thought there was an issue with the molt process. I just bought another one to put in the tank, acclimated him for an hour...
  12. PSBoston

Help: Clown not looking too good

Hi everyone, bad news. My smaller of the two clowns (added mid sept) is laying on the sand in the back of the tank and breathing pretty heavy. He was ok this morning when I feed them and now it looks like he is trying to get up and can't. He hasn't gained much weight since I got him especially...
  13. PSBoston

PSBoston RSM 130D

Hi everyone! Well I officially got started yesterday. Things were going well, I was making water, built the stand and picked the spot where it fit best... Then tragedy struck...The back glass was shattered on the tank, didn't even get it out of the box. Need to figure out who to call...
  14. PSBoston

Paul's New RSM 130D coming soon to a living room near me!

Hi everyone! This is a long post, I will be much more concise going forward...but this is the official record of the first day! I have been internet stalking this forum for a month now and finally decided that it was time to contribute. I live in Boston (moved up from Charlotte, NC...I...