Search results

1. PSBoston

Got transferred - looking to give away my clowns in Boston

Yeah we are excited about heading back. Thanks for the heads up, I will check that out!
  2. PSBoston

Got transferred - looking to give away my clowns in Boston

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I posted - it has been a crazy two years since started my reef adventure and my little rsm 130d has been a lot of fun. I recently got word that I will be moving back to Charlotte, which is great but not optimal for running my tank in the near term. Since...
  3. PSBoston

Best ways to control algae in tanks without CUC's

I have been researching aggressive fish only tanks as well and I was wondering the same thing. One thing that some of the big tanks that I have looked at use are urchins instead of small snails and crabs since they have the spines for defense. Just an observation, also lots of folks have had...
  4. PSBoston

Will's New Red Sea Max 130D

Wow, amazing progress! Glad you like the lights I am thinking about doing the same thing as my Last upgrade (or at least until someone else does something cool, haha). I really like the caulker in the tank it looks very natural.
  5. PSBoston

Lowest cost and easiest way to eliminate green hair, bubble, turf and slime algae

Hey Guys, if I get some time this weekend I may try to set mine up. I started running bio-pellets about 3 months ago and I am still being over run by GFO and now Cyano is back in full effect. The GHA has stopped growing, but not receding yet. I was going to start running GFO again (I stopped to...
  6. PSBoston

High flow pump recommendation

That's understandable. Not sure how that one operates but I have the 1/10 and from my understanding (limited :)) they only kick on when you are 1 degree Over. So of you set it a degree below it kicks on more when you want. Before I bought I googles it and that was the main complaint that it has...
  7. PSBoston

Tunze Ato in RSM 130D with Tunze Skimmer/Stevie Media Rack

I have the same issue with my system. Not an expert, but if you shut off the pump on your skimmer the water level falls in the skimmer so that water is left in the system now. So if you have it all set at the right levels the tunze as it should will go off if water levels increase. If I remember...
  8. PSBoston

High flow pump recommendation

Which chiller do you have again? That sounds like a lot flow and from what I read when I bought mine is you do need some contact time but do t want it too slow or fast. On the 650 does it just flow back to the sump or is it also your return line?
  9. PSBoston

Haim's Rsm 130D

Wow that is unique looking with the rock, I like it!
  10. PSBoston

Choff's RSM 650 Build

The new look tank is awesome! You can really get some nice swimmer fish in there. I love the arch. Did you glue the rock or just lock it in? My BRS rock locks pretty well so I didn't glue my down. Also, you posted you are looking at bio pellet reactors. I got one from reef dynamics...
  11. PSBoston

Bryan's 120 Reef

Ah man, sorry for the bad luck. I will say Fred is one of the prettiest fish I have ever seen though. I know the feeling when you try and do things right and it doesn't work out. I lost my midas blenny in QT because the air conditioner crapped out on the weekend I was out of town only...
  12. PSBoston

Choff's RSM 650 Build

Way to go the tank is coming along so fast! I am still fighting my HA, but may need your contact hopefully soon. Maybe if we go in jointly he will give us a deal, haha!
  13. PSBoston

Newbie with an itch!

Welcome!
  14. PSBoston

Tunze ATO messing up my SG!

They are funny sometimes, I had the sensor on the back wall of my sump thinking it would be a good place but it kept dumping water in I moved it to a side wall and it worked fine again. My thought was even though I didn't have micro bubbles my pump may have been moving water around too much and...
  15. PSBoston

MP10 - Placement

I had one and a couple of months ago added a second one so I could get more flow across the back of the tank. One worked well, but I will say 2 can do some cool things in anti-sync mode. If you think try one and if you are getting good flow across the tank then one is fine imo, but I have high...
  16. PSBoston

RSM Max LED?

I have been looking around and haven't seen any mods yet. One thing that I have started looking at it the Vertex LED on bulk reef supply, they look pretty cool for a big tank. When I build mine that is something I will look at. How is the tank going? My GF's dad just gave us a week in...
  17. PSBoston

My New Profilux 3.1NEX

Great writeup! I am setting my Apex up now. Wish I knew everyone was planning on making the switch a month ago.... the one time I save a few bucks, haha.
  18. PSBoston

Fire shrimp disappeared on my 130d

I had two at first and the second one just vanished. I bought another one to pair with the remaining one and within 10 minutes the established cleaner killed him. My thought is that everything in the tank eats shrimp and they don't last long when they go.
  19. PSBoston

HOG UAS Scrubber by Santa Monica on RSM 130d

Any update to this? I am curious where people are mounting them on the RSM 130d.
  20. PSBoston

Cleaning a LifeReef Overflow Box?

Hey guys, I know some of you have/had this piece of kit. I have had mine for a few months and it is working great, just curious how often and how you clean them. I am starting to get some build up on the foam filter. Is there a chance of overflow if it gets too clogged? As always you...