Search results

1. W

Wrasse question

I have a tanaka Pygmy wrasse and would like to get a six line wrasse. Are these two going to have it out? I have a 125 gallon tank six feet long with a 40 gal sump.
  2. W

The things that go bump in the night in our tanks.

So one of my pepperment shrimp has been carrying around thousands of eggs for the past month or so. I was sitting and watching the tank about 1100 at night like i always do to watch what comes out at night and I notices a couple of white specks with tails (kinda like a sperm...Sorry ladies :)...
  3. W

I had a jumper:(

Ok I had one of my clowns find the only gap I had in my cover and take the plunge to his death. The two I had were a mated pair. Since the jump off lovers leap the other clown had not left his corner and won't eat unless I squirt food right In his face. The question I have would it be safe to...
  4. W

Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse

Just ordered a Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse off Divers Den (such an evil place, takes to much of my money). Anyone had any experience with these fish?
  5. W

Flame angels and reefs?

Was curious if anyone has had experience with flame angels and reef tanks? Are they ok for a reef tank? The wife really likes them and I have heard mixed emotions on this subject. I have seen several reef tanks with them in them. What are your guys experience and thoughts on this?
  6. W

Slug ID

Last night while observing the tank I noticed what looked like a long zoanthid. Thought to myself strange they usually are not that shape. Then it moved. I am sorry I don't have a good pic. He was small and I have a crappy camera. He was about 1/4 inch long and his back and sides were...
  7. W

Bacterial question

I noticed my fish starting to get this white fungus around there fins, a little around there mouth and some gill redness. Started with the anthias and worked its way to the wrasse and tangs. So I took the anthias that I noticed that was the worst (purchased two weeks ago) to the lfs where I...
  8. W

Brain coral placment question

I have a rather large green brain coral. Right now i have him placed up toward the top of the tank, he seems to be doing pretty well there. In just about every picture of the brains they have been in the sand and the reading I have done says they like the sand better. What are your guys...
  9. W

Diamond Goby question?

I bought a diamond goby about two weeks ago. Was just curious about the best way to feed this messy little guy. Do you not worry to much about it because he will just get the left over food off the ground? When i feed the other fish shrimp he eats them if he sees them floating around. Every...
  10. W

Hello from atlanta!!

Just a little about the reef and myself. I have a 125 gallon tank with 100lbs of live rock in it, 2 clowns, Scarlet fairy wrasse and a diamond goby (messy SOB). The tank has been up for about 4 months now and running good. To much other stuff to list as we all know how addicting this hobby can...