Search results

1. blackbeltmom

Using Foam Insulation in a sump

So I have been having issues with my return pump vibrating, even with the rubber feet on it. It was suggested to me to use the expanded polystyrene foam sheet insulation, that you buy at Lowes, like I sat my sump on. Is this safe, does it leach anything?
  2. blackbeltmom

Placing a tank beside a fireplace

My husband asked me if we put a 60 cube to the right of our fireplace/insert, the back side of the tank and the fireplace would be on the same wall. The area is 40 inches wide, the stanks is 36 inches and the tank is 24 by 24 inches. Do you think that it will get too warm when we have a fire? We...
  3. blackbeltmom

March 19th Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte featuring Mr. Saltwater Tank

There will also be an auction and raffle for all attending club members. We will list items as we collect them and we welcome donations. Right now we have 2 RODI units (one from Air, Water, and Ice and one from BRS) and food from Reed Mariculture.
  4. blackbeltmom

Blackbeltmom's 120 Peninsula Build

Finally got the nerve to upgrade from my RSM250 to a120 gallon peninsula. Here is the tank before we it was delivered.
  5. blackbeltmom

ATO can't keep up with evaporation

Since I changed out the water cooling fan to a dual computer case fan, my JBJ ATO can't keep up with the evaporation. I have to manually top off or the water level in the back of the RSM250 gets so low that it blows micro bubbles. Any suggestions?
  6. blackbeltmom

Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte March 21st Meeting with Marc Levenson

March 21st RASOC meeting at Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte (http://www.rmhofcharlotte.org/) with guest speaker Marc Levenson of http://www.melevsreef.com. Don't miss a chance to check out your local reef club and hear Marc Levenson speak. Meeting is 2pm to 4pm. Raffle to follow meeting...
  7. blackbeltmom

Corals for sale

These corals are still available for sale. Watermelon chalice $80 Bleeding Apple Scoly $80 Green/Red Micromusa (this is a small polyped Acan) $40 Neon Green Lobo $25 Red/Green Bowerbanki $80 (this is a large polyped Acan) Large Polyped Gorgonian $20 per frag 3 Frags Pink Hyndophora $10...
  8. blackbeltmom

Visiting Marathon, FL

So we are in Marathon/Key Colony Beach, Florida. Anyone have any coordinates for good fishing spots?
  9. blackbeltmom

Corals for Sale

I have several corals for sale. Bleeding Apple Scoly. It is bright green with a small red stripe through it. (Picture taken at feeding time) $100 This chalice is larger across than a baseball. It is purple with yellow eyes. $100 Small frags of this purple sponge $15 Red...
  10. blackbeltmom

WTS: 2001 Key West 196 Bay Reef

Didn't know where to post this here. Did not see a category for non-aquarium items like are on other forums. For sale is a 2001 Key West 196 Bay Reef Length: 19'6" Beam: 8' Transom: 25" Approx. Weight: 1800 Lbs. Fuel Capacity: 60 Gals. Maximum HP: 200 HP Recommended HP: 115-150...
  11. blackbeltmom

Boat problems while on vacation

So we are on vacation in Bonita Springs, Fl and our boat motor decides it does not want to run at full speed. Anyone know anyone local who is trustworthy and knows about motors. We have replaced the bulb(won't pump up), water/fuel separator, fuel line. Tomorrow going to try the fuel pumps.
  12. blackbeltmom

Chips in glass

So tonight I was cleaning my glass and I find three tiny chips in the outside glass on the right end. I can feel them. Two are not much larger than the sharp end of a straight pin. The biggest is a little smaller than the head of a straight pin. This is the largest.
  13. blackbeltmom

Flame Hawk Attack

Has anyone ever had a Flame Hawk that attached other fish. I purchased one about two weeks ago. He has not messed with my shrimp. Got up this morning and something had attached my Chromis and he was missing an eye. Surprisingly enough the Chromis was still alive. Got home tonight and notice my...
  14. blackbeltmom

What is this?

Found this laying on the sand in my tank this morning. It is rubbery, like a gasket. Any ideas?
  15. blackbeltmom

I really feel old today....

My only child turned 23.....
  16. blackbeltmom

For Sale: NIB Eheim 1260

For sale is an Eheim new in box 1260. $100. Shipped $105. Accept PayPal.
  17. blackbeltmom

FS: Apex VDM Module

I bought a VDM module for my Apex that turns out I don't need. It has been taken out of the box, but not used. $95.00 Will accept PayPal. Will ship.
  18. blackbeltmom

Color Combination

So I have Radions in my RSM250. I have been running all colors at 100% with an overall intensity of 50%. I was doing this because my husband doesn't like that really blue look. Can anyone tell me a good setting to make the colors pop more?
  19. blackbeltmom

Tunze 6055 Controllable Power Head

Is anyone using any Tunze controllable power head?
  20. blackbeltmom

FS: Vortech MP10w ES

This MP10w ES is has only been used for 3 weeks. I hate it. $250.