Search results

1. B

Qt setup

What about added that sponge seeded with nitrifying bacteria (like what blue space said) each time I get a new coral and add water to qt from dt tank
  2. B

Qt setup

Not hijack ur thread but can u have an qt tank empty Till u get a new coral then take ur dt tank water, just doing a water change at same time, and put in qt tank. Then when u have treat the coral for a few weeks. Throw the water out
  3. B

Little white bugs eating acro?

U can see them crawl on the corals. Mostly they seem to like monti. And at the edge of polyp that is sucked in is a little white dot
  4. B

Little white bugs eating acro?

My brother is having a real bad case of these white bugs. They seem too dig into the polyps hole and prevent extension and eventually killing the polyps. Anyone ever experience these bugs? I think he is just going to interceptor his tank. But checking here for any knowledge.
  5. B

I don't want a quarantine tank

I would dip. Just don't want a qt tank taking space and money to mantain it. I have an extra 24 gal nano right now that I can always use to qt, if I change my mind. I would have to do water changes just like main tank right. Also I should not have any rocks or sand in there?
  6. B

Ok I'll look that one up. Thanks
  7. B

Need decent ro/di recommendations

I would check with ur water company too see if they use chloramine in their water like mine does. Then of course get ro/di with chloramine filters 5 stage
  8. B

What can I do with new corals before putting in main tank. I don't want a QT to take care of. Any recommendation on what I can do before putting in main tank. Little paranoid now since my brother just recently got white bugs inhis tank and he doesn't qt or dip. But of course that will change
  9. B

Sucker fish

They r in every pond or lake and river in florida. I use to catch them by hand when they make a burrow in side of river. Gotta pull them out fast enough before they lock their fins
  10. B

Superman Montipora

when i used a flashlight on my superman monti it turns brown. but under actinics its red and blue
  11. B

Sucker fish

Plecostomus
  12. B

GLO T5 HO Electronic Fluorescent Lighting System question

ya prolly will do that, any one have good reviews on that ballast tho, is it durable?
  13. B

GLO T5 HO Electronic Fluorescent Lighting System question

I currently have 2 96 watts pc bulbs for actinics. I was wondering if http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=19811&cmpid=03csegb&ref=3312&subref=AA&CAWELAID=525426348 is any good to replace the pc bulbs with this and i would get 2 of these so i can have 4 t5 bulbs for actinics
  14. B

My 58 gallon oceanic reef tank

little update.. Superman monti Rainbow stylo my favorite coral is the blackhole to the right of green slimer Cant remember name of it but it has a greenish teal color in the middle then goes to a purple tip with like a blue transluscent polyps
  15. B

Is this normal for new ACRO?

ya thats what my brother did to his huge tri color colony and saved a lot of his coral. that would be best
  16. B

96 watt pc bulbs ?

what brand is recommended for actinic 96 watt pc bulbs i plan on 460/420 bulbs THanks
  17. B

Bridgelux leds?

I hear that I need them but most uv LEDs are not powerful enough to do anything. Prolly no real answer yet. But I dont see much different anyways
  18. B

Ya Is an established tank that I bought today. I'm very happy with everything about it. Is there any thing I need to do with this tank so it won't go all whacked out with parameters since it was broken down to move
  19. B

got a new tank today. 58 gallon oceanic with 20 gallon sump. The fish in there now is a clown fish, watchmen goby, pj cardinal, banana wrasse,
  20. B

pc vs t5 actinics?

ya colors are not bad at all on the pc. i will just have to upgrade later. unless they do real well and get good color then no need to i guess thanks for the input. The tank i am getting hopefully tomorrow is a 58 gallon oceanic with everyting for a reef tank