Search results

1. RSM250

Red Sea Max250

Thanks Glenn for all your support you do a wonderful job of helping out with peoples problems on here but I'm selling up have more reasons for selling then I can think for keeping, much appreciated for your concerns & help.
  2. RSM250

Red Sea Max250

Hey Leigh Might do at some stage but I won't be buying a Red Sea thats for sure, just got to try & sell this one & everything, thanks for your support & help just wish that Red Sea were the same.
  3. RSM250

Red Sea Max250

Decided I'm chucking the hobby in thanks to my bad experiences with Red Sea Company, I'm advertising my tank & everything on New Zealand sites, will never ever have anything to do with Red Sea again & if anyone asks me about them they will get rubbished from me.
  4. RSM250

Red Sea Max250

Hey Dan The photo of the hood wasn't on the tank when taken as I'd had to replace a blown transformer in it & that was when I noticed the broken hinge ring as for Red Sea & warranty well the warranty has run out by 1 month purchased 30-12-2010 & to fix hinge would mean replacing the whole...
  5. RSM250

Red Sea Max250

If I had the money I'd look at replacing the RSM250 with something with a sump in the cabinet but I'm thinking of selling this as to many problems, Red Sea will never get a good review from me thats for sure, to buy here in New Zealand was between $3500-$4000. They stock a place in Auckland...
  6. RSM250

Red Sea Max250

Advertised as a plug & play with one power cord leaving the tank yeah right!. Red Sea forget to mention that you will most certainly need a chiller as the pumps & lights heat the water to much & then you need a water top-up system for the skimmer to work propely & then if you want to keep...
  7. RSM250

Terry's RSM250

Thanks Glenn I've managed to order a replacement transformer from place in Auckland New Zealand which Paul Besant, Sales Director for RS advised me they had recently stocked with RS products as far as the warranty goes he hasn't said anything about that, I got my tank on the 30-12-2010, the...
  8. RSM250

Terry's RSM250

Thanks Tom I did put some tape over each wire & taped the two together, now today I have to see if I can get a transformer in New Zealand.
  9. RSM250

Terry's RSM250

Just want to say that if I had a choice again on what to buy as in tanks I don't think I'd buy a Red Sea Max there's no support for them in New Zealand & then the components you would think they would last a bit longer then a year specially considering the price you pay for them here. Well I...
  10. RSM250

Terry's RSM250

Hi Tom The transformers are the same but seems odd as its Transformer 2 that has blown but yet they say that it controls the cooling fans but the cooling fans were working so I think its Transformer 2 that operates the lights & fans, moon lights & Transformer 1 that operates the cooling fan...
  11. RSM250

Terry's RSM250

Hey Leigh Wasn't easy to get those little plugs out to get to the screws to undo the hood but I've found the problem its a Transformer someone forgot to tighten a screw that locks the positive wire in place & its shorted out, Paul Besant, Sales Director for RSM tells me they are in stock here...
  12. RSM250

Terry's RSM250

Managed to get arm pins removed from the hood now just have to remove covers for screws for the hood to get inside it, wondering if Tranformer 1 can be changed with Transformer 2 & go without water cooling fans until I can get a replacement, not sure what else Transformer 2 operates.
  13. RSM250

Terry's RSM250

Hi Tom, Glenn I believe its the Transformer 1 as the Daylights, Moon Lights, Hood Fans don't work & would you believe it my tank now is probably 1 year & 1 month old since I've had it but at the moment I can't even get the pins out on the side arms for the hood.
  14. RSM250

Terry's RSM250

Hey Greg not sure if its the timer now as it still keeps the time but at the moment I'm trying to workout how to get the pins out for the arms of the hood do you remove top or bottom, they say stick a screwdriver in but where?.
  15. RSM250

Terry's RSM250

Help!, all my lights & fans have stopped working, I heard a crack sound I think it was the timer that blew as its not working but the water cooling fans still work, is there a way to bypass the timer to manually operate until I can get a replacement.
  16. RSM250

RSM stock right pump chiller question

Hi I don't know if you sorted out your chiller but I played around with just using the 1200L RSM but found the flow rate back into the tank poor so I ended up adding another pump the Eheim Compact 2000 which just fits bit tricky getting past the lip of the chamber but after that its alright, I...
  17. RSM250

Terry's RSM250

Hi Leigh This one does the same its just the instructions are not translated that well so they are a bit hard to understand.
  18. RSM250

Terry's RSM250

Realised the other day that I had set my Bubble Magus dosing pump wrong & thats why my Alkalinity was not coming right I thought you entered the amount you wanted for each dose & then told it how many times per day so I had put 12ml 6 times per day which I thought was 72mls but when I put a...
  19. RSM250

Terry's RSM250

Some photo's to share.
  20. RSM250

Terry's RSM250

Increased Alkalinity dose to 54ml a day & it stayed stable for two days at 6.4 dKH so now I have increased it to 60ml a day to see what happens as I want it stable some where around the 8 dkH.