Search results

1. Smokey301

Whats a good price?

Sadly I am moving and have to get out of the tank for a little while. I have a couple people interested in my livestock but am unsure of what to charge. I have 2 osc clowns that are about 2 yrs old. one is 3 inches and the other 1.5 also have a african flameback angel, a large purple...
  2. Smokey301

WTS: African Flameback Angelfish (MD pick-up prefered)

I've had this fish for 1.5 years, he is 2.5-3 inch long very pretty fish. He does like to nibble on softies and the mouth of my sand anemone. Selling b/c I am moving and am downsizing my tank to a 10g w/ 10g sump, so only the clowns, sebae, and couple corals are making the move. Paid 80 bucks...
  3. Smokey301

Downsizing Tank, have some questions

Hi all, I have a 30g tall tank with a reefstar 150w MH. I am moving oct. and the 30 is gonna be a little much for me when I'm in my new house. I dont have alot of livestock, 2 osc. clownfish, 1 purp sebae, 1 african flameback angel, 1 green sand anemone, and a few corals. Im planning on...
  4. Smokey301

Snail like critter

I've seen this lil guy from time to time crusin around on the liverock but never got a pic of him until now. It looks like a slug with almost like a turtleshellish plate on its back. I think I might have also gotten some pics of it spawning maybe?
  5. Smokey301

RO question

the instructions on my coralife pure-flo2 says to flush the membrane every month by switching the red and blue lines, but all that does is run waste water to the DI cartridge, am I missing somethin or is this correct?
  6. Smokey301

Green bubble algae

I just wanted to know if there's a predators of it that are suitable for the aquarium. I have some small spots of it in my tank and would like to make sure I dont have an outbreak.
  7. Smokey301

Hollywood Stunner Chalice

I've had my HSC for about 2 months now and its showing some strong growth and is working on its 3rd new eye. I like to know a good background on the stuff in my tank and was wondering if anyone has some info about it? I've been looking online but have found nothing but places selling frags. I...
  8. Smokey301

Hungry rics

a pic of my ric mushrooms standing up, they do it before my every other day of feeding baby brine shrimp. I take it as the ric's saying that they're hungry. A couple hours after the last wave of bbs they go back to normal where they're flush on top of the rock. a top view
  9. Smokey301

my sebae

Srry my camera sucks
  10. Smokey301

Timeshare anemone

not sure if this is the right section but I bought a porcelain anemone crab 3 days ago hoping he would take to my sand nem which it looked like he did for the first day, but I woke this morning to find him hangin out on the edge of my sebae. Only problem is that the sebae has had a pair of mated...
  11. Smokey301

Is this water good?

The aerator on the pump that I have in my water mix container stopped working a couple days ago but I havent noticed until now but is that water still good to use? The pump was still moving water just it was getting no air injected, I got the thing working now but Im not really trying to waste...
  12. Smokey301

what to do

I have an extra 20 gallon tank sitting in the basement and have been wanting to use it for something, I'm thinkin either a coral prop. Tank or using it for a refug for my 30 gal display tank, doing the coral tank would be a lot cheaper to set up b/c I would need to get an overflow and utility...
  13. Smokey301

baby brine shrimp

I've been wondering, is it possible to overfeed bbs to a coral and fish tank? If they're alive and there isnt a filter running for them to get caught in then they couldnt polute the water until they're #2? Any thoughts?
  14. Smokey301

External Filtration

I've been using a external canister on my 30 gal tank for a while now but was wondering if theres a better way of filtering my tank w/o having to be constantly cleaning? i have probally 35 lbs of LR and 15 lbs of live sand w a seaclone skimmer. Any suggestions?
  15. Smokey301

Greetings

Hi, im new to the sanctuary and figured I'd poke in and say hello, I'm still learning when it comes to the SW fishkeeping but im starting to get stuff together. I've had a 30 gal tank setup for almost 2 years now, it houses 2 anemones (sebae and sand), 2 clowns, a african flameback angel, and a...