Search results

1. C

Question about epuiptment...?

I am Setting Up a 115g Tank, I want to Keep Soft, and LPS Corals.Will HO T-5 do the Job?Or do I need Metal Halides?Also, I have a few questions about Flow, and equiptment.I have a Built in overflow in the left corner, it has 2, 1.5 inch drilled holes, if my math is correct that is 1800 GPH.Do I...
  2. C

Need Advice on A New Project

Hello, I bought a 46 gallon bowfront tank and stand today.It was a Kit that came with a Heater, 325 gph Power Filter.I want to make the minimum amount of mistakes with this tank.I want the best possible Advice, Tips, And of coarse what Not to do.It will be a FOWLR, I made a list of things...
  3. C

I need to know, is it Ich?

I was observing my fish in my tank today, and I think My New Pygmy Angel is Sick.I saw tiny white dots on both sides if the tail and abdomen, I am setting up a hospital tank now.But I need to know what sickness to treat.Its a little blurry.Sorry.But you can see some white specs.
  4. C

Wierd start to the day?

I have had an interesting start to my Day!When My Light timer turned my lights on today, everything seemed different, and by that...I mean all 3 of my brittle stars were out and about,and one of my strongest best swimming, most personal damsels, was swimming on the floor, I wasn't to worried at...
  5. C

Wierd start to the day?

I have had an interesting start to my Day!When My Light timer turned my lights on today, everything seemed different, and by that...I mean all 3 of my brittle stars were out and about,and one of my strongest best swimming, most personal damsels, was swimming on the floor, I wasn't to worried at...
  6. C

New Reef Parasite!

I have heard about it.But now, Its happened.I have a reef Parasite inside of me that has caused me to go crazy for Marine Tanks, I am constantly wanting more, learning more, and well...spending more!I see all these cool shaped tanks, and corals, and I want them all!Thank Gosh for my Lack of...
  7. C

Brittle Starfish?

So!Hello! Today I was Looking a My 10g Nano reef, And I see my fish looking at one specific Crator of the Live Rock.So, I've never seen my fish stare at one spot for any period time, and as I look Closer I see Skinny Arm waving out of the Crator.And all of a sudden out comes a very skinny 1...
  8. C

Is this even possible?

I bought 12 lbs of Live Rock from a LFS, and I just looked at the tank, because I cant stop looking at it :turntable and I saw what I think is a soft coral attached to the Rock?It is white, and has long tentacles.I touched it and contracted back into a deep crator in the Rock.Has this happened...
  9. C

Plumbing?

Hello Fellow Reefers, I have some plumbing questions.I am setting up a 115g Reef Tank, and I measured the size of the holes for the built in overflow, and my digital reader read 1.7 inches.Does that mean I need a 1 inch bulkhead kit? Also, I am Choosing a sump, I am going to do the sump...
  10. C

Where do you find this?

I am setting up a 115g reef tank, and I read that I will need a 50 gallon sump?I don't know where to find a pre-built one at?I have seen DIY vids about doing one before, but I don't have any skills with a drill...so that is out of the question.Could I get away with a 36g sump?I was thinking a...
  11. C

Need Some Help

I am New To Saltwater Tanks, but not to Aquariums.I am currently setting up a 115g Reef Tank, and I have a couple questions. 1.Sump, or Canister?And if Either, Which Size? 2.How To Set Up Plumbing, it looks very complicated and confusing... 3.My tank has a Built in overflow, and There is 2...