Search results

1. C

Starting A Tank

I have an established 10g nano reef.It will be a fun Project!I have kept (over time) the following fish. Small False Perc Clown Fish. Small SixLine Wrasse Blue Devil Damsel 2 Yellow Tail Damsels Small Pygmy Angel ..Please Not I did not keep these all at once.Good Luck with the tank let's...
  2. C

Question about epuiptment...?

I am Setting Up a 115g Tank, I want to Keep Soft, and LPS Corals.Will HO T-5 do the Job?Or do I need Metal Halides?Also, I have a few questions about Flow, and equiptment.I have a Built in overflow in the left corner, it has 2, 1.5 inch drilled holes, if my math is correct that is 1800 GPH.Do I...
  3. C

Orange Shoulder has a BIG issue

Complete Shot In the Dark, Ammonia Burn?
  4. C

Need Advice on A New Project

Lol yeah I was a little bit confused by the reef part, I know that shrimps are out of the question for inverts, snails might do good though.I don't know what else I would keep with him myself, the tank is nowhere near big enought for a Tang of any kind, even though I have seen people have them...
  5. C

Need Advice on A New Project

Hello, I bought a 46 gallon bowfront tank and stand today.It was a Kit that came with a Heater, 325 gph Power Filter.I want to make the minimum amount of mistakes with this tank.I want the best possible Advice, Tips, And of coarse what Not to do.It will be a FOWLR, I made a list of things...
  6. C

I need to know, is it Ich?

Ok, I will give it a whirl!
  7. C

Here is my plan: 1.Take him out 2.Do a freshwater dip 3.Put in the QT Tank 4.Observe Any problems with my plan? My QT Tank will consist of this: 5 gallon tank. 1 or 2 airstones I can't decide on substrate or no substrate?what should I do?
  8. C

I can't remember myself, But I read that they have Ich and it comes out periodically.He eats Like a Champ!He is almost a week old now, I think the transfer scared him and stressed him out, I bought him from saltwaterfish.com.Also got a Candy Cane LPS, and a Button pollyp frag.I have 1 false perc...
  9. C

I was observing my fish in my tank today, and I think My New Pygmy Angel is Sick.I saw tiny white dots on both sides if the tail and abdomen, I am setting up a hospital tank now.But I need to know what sickness to treat.Its a little blurry.Sorry.But you can see some white specs.
  10. C

Wierd start to the day?

I thought maybe they just up and die for no reason myself, but I don't know, seems like things happen for a reason.I feed them a mixture of Squid, Mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, and and I keep a little seaweed for them to munch on in the veggie clip.There's lots of Purple algea on the rocks for...
  11. C

Wierd start to the day?

I checked everything, nothing was off.Power head is working as usual, Tank has been set up about, maybe 2 months.However, I did install a new heater yesterday, It didn't change much, temperature wise.I have tried a reef supplement lately called Fiji Gold.But I dosed it correctly, and tested...
  12. C

Wierd start to the day?

I have had an interesting start to my Day!When My Light timer turned my lights on today, everything seemed different, and by that...I mean all 3 of my brittle stars were out and about,and one of my strongest best swimming, most personal damsels, was swimming on the floor, I wasn't to worried at...
  13. C

Wierd start to the day?

I have had an interesting start to my Day!When My Light timer turned my lights on today, everything seemed different, and by that...I mean all 3 of my brittle stars were out and about,and one of my strongest best swimming, most personal damsels, was swimming on the floor, I wasn't to worried at...
  14. C

building a rock structure

Wow, Stellar Rock Work.How Exactly Do you do that?
  15. C

New Reef Parasite!

I have a 40g FW angelfish tank.with 3 huge angels I have had for 4 years.I recently got into SW and Got a 120g tank.And have been buying equiptment since then.Hoping to get it built in the spring.I have a 10g nano setup with VHO Lighting, 12lbs of solomon LR, and some soft corals.Its a blast.
  16. C

New Reef Parasite!

I have heard about it.But now, Its happened.I have a reef Parasite inside of me that has caused me to go crazy for Marine Tanks, I am constantly wanting more, learning more, and well...spending more!I see all these cool shaped tanks, and corals, and I want them all!Thank Gosh for my Lack of...
  17. C

Dwarf Lion fish

My Dad Had a Dwarf a while Back, we didn't attempt to feed him for 4 days after bringing him into the tank.He Ate a piece of squid that we tossed in on the fourth day.After that, smooth sailing!Congrats on your fish, hope you have a good luck with him. -Cody
  18. C

Brittle Starfish?

Thank you! I couldn't believe My eyes, Knowing that they hate light and aren't seen to much.I haven't seen heads or tales of him since though, He came out of the top of the rock that was closest to the surface.He didn't waste time getting to the shaddows.
  19. C

Brittle Starfish?

So!Hello! Today I was Looking a My 10g Nano reef, And I see my fish looking at one specific Crator of the Live Rock.So, I've never seen my fish stare at one spot for any period time, and as I look Closer I see Skinny Arm waving out of the Crator.And all of a sudden out comes a very skinny 1...
  20. C

Is this even possible?

I saw some peppermint shrimp where I bought my LR from.I considered buying one or 2 while I was there, I didn't know anything about them.So decided to do some research about them first.I haven't seen the Mr. Limpet Video.I only saw one Asterina starfish on one side of the tank.And then 5 minutes...