Search results

1. Blndbunny

Pincushion urchin question

i have a beautiful purple pincushion urchin in my sps zeo tank. She is super active, all over the tank, and has quite the collection of snail shells and rubble she carries around. I'm likely over thinking things here, but I'm worried. She has lost one spine. I know it's just one, I'm just...
  2. Blndbunny

Can I add another fish?

I know it's the question that we all always ask, but could I add one more fish? Tank is a 40g cube, 24"x24"x16", with sump, total volume is 50 gallons, it's running at 46 with everything in it. I have a very thin sand bed less then 1", and about 35lbs of live rock. The tank is running full Zeo...
  3. Blndbunny

Hitchhiker nudi

Found this little guy on the rocks today. I pulled him knowing that 95% of the time nudis are a no go. Any idea what he is, or what he eats? My tank has all kinds of sponges and tunicates, and a few corals. Just trying to figure where to watch for more [/url] image by jessica_haering, on...
  4. Blndbunny

Tank stocking

I'm starting to think about how I want to stock my new upgrade. The tank is a total volume of 48 gallons, 40 gallon display, 24"x24" cube. This tank will be an Sps dominate reef. I will be moving my pair of clowns, male is an extreame snowflake about 1.75" and the female is a black ice...
  5. Blndbunny

Merry christmas

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone! My urchin decided to dress for the occasion, shell pieces as ornaments, tube worm garlands, a chunk of coral, and of course a star (snail) on top [/url] image by jessica_haering, on Flickr[/IMG]
  6. Blndbunny

Colonial tunicates and sea squirts

Ok looking for some guidance in keeping these critters happy and healthy My live rock in ny new tank is covered in colonial tunacites, I can see at least 4 color variations. When I received the rock, they were rather flat, and looked like putty on the rocks. Now at nearly 24 hours they all...
  7. Blndbunny

hitch hiker IDs please, lots of pics

If even working with Tampa bay Aquaculture to get some lovely fresh live rock for my new build. Tom dove on Saturday and was kind enough to send me some pics of some of the more interesting creatures that emerged from the rock, to see if I was interested in any of them. Well surprise surprise...
  8. Blndbunny

Hydra fixture

Hey everyone decided that since I was upgrading to a larger tank I also needed a stonger light. I have a hydra LED fixture avalible. It has been used for less then one year. Everything is running great, I used my apex as a controller. Fixture was originally $399, I'm looking to get $250...
  9. Blndbunny

Fish recommendation

I just transfered my 14g biocube to a 29g nanocube. This means I have room for more fish :) I'm currently stocked with an adult female clown (black and white occy), about 3.5", As flame tail blenny who's about 3", a peppermint shrimp and a bunch of snails. This tank is a reef so there is a...
  10. Blndbunny

Blndbunny's 40g shallow reef

Well its quite clear taht reefing bug has bit me good this time. I have had a series of nano tanks over the years, but never anything over 20 gallons. About 6 weeks ago I took the plunge and ordered a new bigger tank. I will be getting a 24"x24"x16" cube, with a custom built sump. This tank...
  11. Blndbunny

Tank transfer

Hi all, I'm picking up a new tank to upgrade my 14g biocube to. This tank have been up for 4 years next month. My plan is to pretty much do a straight transfer to the new tank,29g nanocube hqi. My concern is moving the sand bed. Am I best just putting fresh sand in? Then I will add a bit...
  12. Blndbunny

Pistol shrimp close up

My pistol is being mr social today, and he wanted his close up taken [/url] Pistol shrimp close up by jessica_haering, on Flickr[/IMG] He has been an absolute model citizen of my tank, I'm a little worried about catching him and his goby when I switch tanks. Anyways I bought his as a pistol...
  13. Blndbunny

Feeling defeated

I feel like I have hit that breaking point with my current tank. I have put everything I have, blood sweat tears and $$$ and I swear it's plotting against me! For my 16 gallons of pests as it will now be know, today's new pest was/is montipora eating nudis. I have no idea where these little...
  14. Blndbunny

Live rock dry rock debate

I've hit the point where research is no longer helping and I'm utterly confused as to what I want. I'm upgrading from a 16 nuvo to a 40g shallow cube (24x24x16) with sump. I will be transfer I rock, corals (primarily sps) inverts and fish to the new tank when it's ready. I believe either...
  15. Blndbunny

Protein skimmer suggestions

Just placed an order for a new tank, and I will need to upgrade skimmers. I am getting a 40 gallon cube, with a sump. I'm not certain on how much the sump will hold since it's being custom built for the stand, my equipment and my needs. Since this is my first tank over 20 gallons, and my...
  16. Blndbunny

Flame tail blenny

So I picked up this fish about three months ago from my LFS, I was told he we was a gold tail blenny, researched showed me that they are more commonly known as a flame tail blenny. Anyways we noticed that he had kinda of an odd face shape, a very pronounced nose/snout. We assumed it was a...
  17. Blndbunny

The tale of two clowns

Well after a year of fighting, my clowns have finally started to act like civilized members of a reef tank. Over two months ago I gifted them with a rainbow bubble tip. This started the road to good behavior, in reality they were probably just growing up. Today I looked up and what did I see...
  18. Blndbunny

Sps coloring up

How long does it take for sps corals to color up in your tank? I have purchased a few browned out acros, to test the stability of my tank after a near crash over the summer. The first piece I bought three months ago is very colorful. Other pieces that I bought about two weeks ago are...
  19. Blndbunny

Importance of dipping

Today I learned the importance of ALWAYS dipping new corals. My husband and I were out running errands and decided to stop in a local fish store and see if anything needed to follow us home. Sure enough we found two acros, and a branching montipora that we needed. I managed to talk the owner...
  20. Blndbunny

Chillers

Well after last summer and instabilities in my tank I have decided I need to get a chiller for my tank. This is for my 16g nuvo that us a mixed reef. I currently have my temp set at 78, and the heater is controlled by an apex controller. Since I've been looking at chillers I really am...