Search results

1. D

HELP - spikes

so i'm not an impatient person in the past, BUT i have had a lapse. i have had a small (10ga.) tank setup for my downstairs. this originally started as a QT tank and is turning into a show tank. after several months of having 2 pounds or so of LR and 15pounds of live sand we made the decision to...
  2. D

fraggin a fungia

anyone ever done it? is it possible? will it spread on its own. i have a BEAUTIFUL orange fungia that has graced my tank for over a year now and grown at least 2" in diameter. what i want to know is how can i make more!!! i have fragged : torch corals, xenia (who hasn't) colt corals...
  3. D

feather duster questions

ok, i don't think this is a problem, but... my big 6 month old feather duster started spitting white milky stuff for about ten min. this morning, normally when he does this it is just a little spurt but this continued and actually turned my tank a little murky is this a problem
  4. D

Fish With Ich

What treatments can I use in a saltwater tank for a flame angel with ich?
  5. D

yay- soon to be my birthday and...

i am planning on going to the chicago area, and was wondering what everybodys favorite fish store was!!!! i have been to the living sea aquarium and LOVE IT and plan on going back but other stores in the chi. area need to be added.!!! i have finally cut back some of my hours at my two jobs so i...
  6. D

harlequin shrimp question

as many of you know i have a 24ga. nanocube. this is IMO too small for a sand sifting star... BUT i was thinking, could i keep a harlequin shrimp in the tank and just feed it the sand sifter??? would this work???? how often would i have to put a new starfish in??? how often do you have to...
  7. D

cleaning a salt mixing bin?

what so you all reccommend for cleaning a NEW rubbermaid garbage can to be used for my salt mixing container????????????????????? it has been sitting with RO water in it for a week now but didn't know if i should bleach or viniger it????????
  8. D

For Annie742

i can't meet you tomorrow please check you PM's and the livestock forum I"M SORRY PLEASE KEEP THIS BUMPED AT THE TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. D

HELP-with HOLDFAST epoxy

i can use this underwater right?????????????????????????????????? i borrowed some from a friend and he never used it--- i can't find any info on it
  10. D

Gorgonian question

OK i have a non photosynthetic Gorgonian and i was wondering what everybody else that has them feeds them??? i am using dt's live plankton and freshly hatched brine shrimp but my gorg. just doesn't seem to be doing well, it has been staying mostly closed, it was fully open after i brought it...
  11. D

xenia's for trade

central il... around bloomington, will meet up in bloomington/normal or peoria. want to trade for anything interesting at least 3 frags available with 10 or more heads.. its the standard pulsing type
  12. D

worm??

ok i normally leave everything in my tank alone because i like the diversity and have not seen any problems yet.... BUT last night i saw a large worm with teeth so i want to at least ID it... it stays under a rock so i don't think i will be able to get a picture of it. it is reddish brown in...
  13. D

typical algae problem opinions

ok i've got the typical problems... reddish brown algae... added phosgaurd... still getting worse creating a mat and covering everything, i have two turbos and one scarlet hermit crab that don't seem to be touching the stuff... heres the question- should i treat it or should i just let it...
  14. D

Help!

ok so i just went to split my xenia which is trying to make a baby but now its really mad at me!!! off of the main one there is a little tiny one with about 5-6 heads to it, it was attached to the main branch by a string about the thikness of... the ink thing out of an ink pen... maybe 1/16" it...
  15. D

AWESOME Bloomington il, LFS

allright its called The Mad Reefer. its a new LFS that ONLY does SALTWATER! excellent stock of corals and fish and liverock to die for. somebody else needs to go there to back me up on this one, i'll get some pictures of the stock they have, not only do they carry common stuff but they also...
  16. D

two no pic. ID's

first one, is a little bug that looks like a cross between an ant and a cricket, pretty much seems to live inbetween rocks and sandbed. second- little squiggly worm guy about 1/4-3/8" long the thickness of a mechanical pencil lead, kind of swims/floats around in the current. when he stopped...
  17. D

ID of the unknown

can't tell what it is please help!!
  18. D

hardiest corals

i want some opinions on what the hardiest corals are... i have a relatively new tank that is in its last stage of cycling. my nitrates, nitrites, and ammo is all gone and my green algae has dissapated, i have new corraline algae growth and am (i think) ready for corals. but some input as to what...
  19. D

another cycling question

hi i'm still cycling my tank and i keep reading people saying that you should wait for your ammonia and nitrates/ites to spike and then fall off. and i understand that but what is considered a spike? my ammonia barely hit 3ppm and my nitrates barely hit .25 and then they both went back down. my...
  20. D

intake modification on nano cube

what do you guys think about cutting the slots on the nano cube all the way to the top so it will skim off the stuff on the surface of the water. for those that don't know here is a picture of the intake, when full it is about 3/4 of an inch below surface level