Search results

1. C

Opinions on ODYSSEA lighting

With what has been said about the shorting, if you are electrically inclined at all, I would open the unit up and inspect the wiring. And if you really want peace of mind you could upgrade the wiring. I do not have an odyssea but another china made unit someone said it would surely catch fire. I...
  2. C

mantis shrimp, pistol shrimp and Bristle worn prblem

I want the mantis shrimp if you would be willing to ship it to me I would pay you.
  3. C

Michaels 58 gallon

Cool I got the same tank, but with 150 lbs of sand! Was looking to ad some more but the nicer kind of sand like you got so now I know about how much to shoot for. Thanks
  4. C

Michaels 58 gallon

Nice sand, how many inches is in there?
  5. C

Do I have enough room for sump?

Depends on the dresser. I have French Country dresser that is so heavy it takes 4 strong men to move and then it's still not easy. I have a 55g on it without fear. Now if it was a partical board dresser from a department store these days, i'd say proceed with caution. I can't take out the...
  6. C

55 gallon reef

Real nice setup, always wanted a starfish like that. If you ever frag him let me know....lol j/k.
  7. C

My New 90 Cubealicous

Can mix it in the tank IMHO, others may disagree. The water will seep into the sand bed and it will disolve even if it gets trapped unless you are doing a really deep sand bed. Really nice tank btw, awesome rock work. Got a 60g cube might do some re-scaping using some ideas i see here.
  8. C

live rock

Yes it will, still might want to use a cooking procedure just to make sure it's good and clean.
  9. C

Rust and saltwater....How bad is it.

Yeah no doubt, I had an uncle throw a penny in my tank like it was a wishing well, not cool.
  10. C

Broken Skimmer! Can I fix it?

Ok now can see them If I am not mistaken that is just the return, could put another elbow or maybe some flex tube to put the water output where you want it. May waterfall like it is now, I like the waterfall sound, some may not.
  11. C

Broken Skimmer! Can I fix it?

Can not see the picture, but without seeing it I would say yes you can fix it. If it's cracked put together with some super glue or epoxy. Can always use another pump, my skimmer was missing a pump I just used a maxijet and did the mess mod to it.
  12. C

Rust and saltwater....How bad is it.

I dose iron as well as others, thinking Randy does.
  13. C

Cleaning substrate?

Take them to a cleaning service! I have used a sheet in a bathtub and just showered the sand for a half hour. Clean out the tub with bleach, then vinegar and rinse first though to get rid of any soap scum.
  14. C

6 Line wrasse with a nasty streak

Very tiny fish hook with a piece of raw shrimp.
  15. C

Am I completely insane?? biocube 14 build

YES! But I bet im crazier. Real nice I like it. Really want a mantis shrimp too so I'm jealous.
  16. C

first timer 55 gallon build

Cool deal. Really like it. Everytime I see your avatar I hear ELO-Don't Bring Me Down Bruce in my head...anyways was curious about the powerhead as well. never heard of too much flow, i want so much flow it knocks the chrome off the bicycle of the kid next door.
  17. C

Cleaning substrate?

I use tank water that has aged in barrels. Put the sand in a bucket, put some of the water and let sit. Drain off and repeat a few times. Depends on how clean you want it. Another way would be spread it out on a tarp in the sunshine and rinse it with water. Then let the sun dry it.
  18. C

Hi, my name is Ron and I am a Reef-a-holic

Or could make a sign "WILL WORK FOR CORALS"
  19. C

Quicklynx's 55 Gallon Reef Build

800 gph one works good and you can control the amount of flow by the power of the power adapter. IE 750mz adapter will flow slower and a 1.5A will flow faster. Also can put a simple dimmer switch inline to control flow. The 500 gph one works good too it's the cheapest one anyways and it seems to...
  20. C

Quicklynx's 55 Gallon Reef Build

I've had excellent success with bilge pumps from walmart been using them for over 17 years have yet to have one fail yet. They are 12 volt so I use a wall wart to power it and if the power goes out can just hook it up to the car battery with jumper cables.