Search results

1. O

Coraline algae bleaching HELP

Hey Reefsanctuary hope everyone is well. I'm asking for help with my problem of coraline algae bleaching. I have had my 37g reef tank set up for around 9 months and everything has been going well until about a month ago. I started to notice the coraline algae on my rock was starting to turn...
  2. O

Moving tank downstairs

Hello reefsanctuary, hope everyone is doing well. I haven't posted anything in awhile but I need some advice on moving my 37g reef aquarium from upstairs to downstairs. I know its not far to move but I was wondering what the best method for transporting my livestock since I have to drain the...
  3. O

Types of Aiptasia

I was at my LFS today and purchased a toadstool and 5 hermits. While observing the small rock the toadstool was attached to I noticed something that looked like an anemone that was clear with yellow tips. I asked the salesman what it was since I have seen more than one of the same thing in my...
  4. O

Lowering specific gravity

Ive had my tank at 1.023 specific gravity since I set it up. On a recent water change I messed up and its now at 1.025, should I be concerned? Is the easiest way to lower it by dipping out tank water and adding fresh? Thanks again
  5. O

Metal Halide for 37 gallon

I am lookng for a new light setup for my 37 gallon aquarium that will eventually support corals. Right now the tank is a FOWLR but im becoming more and more interested in corals and what they will need to thrive. My problem is im having a hard time finding a metal halide fixture that will fit...
  6. O

New to the game

Hello to the reef sanctuary community, I recently set up a 37 gallon saltwater tank and have a few questions about the "breaking in period." My local pet store set me up wth a emperor 280 filtration pump and I think around 20 pounds of sand give ot take. They assured me that this is plenty since...