Search results

1. Jojo23

Sponge?

I bought a 9 lb LR a few weeks ago and noticed an organism that kind of looked like gristle on it. It is white and at the time had nubbs on it. Then in the water it started to show pink spots in the indents of all but two nubbs. Today these nubbs seem longer. The tops (with the dots) open up...
  2. Jojo23

Seastar

This seastar has been in my aquarium for a while now. It is only about a quarter of an inch. Does anyone know what kind it is? Any help in IDing it is appreaciated. Thank you.
  3. Jojo23

Red Worm

Found this worm this morning. I removed it from my aquarium as soon as I took the video. It was heading for the sand bed so I figured I'd better remove it quick. Does anyone know what it is and if it is harmfull or not. I also removed a tiny one that was between a 8th and a 16th of an in...
  4. Jojo23

Bivalve stuck in LR.

I bought a couple LR about 2 weeks back and have noticed their share of hitch hikers. In one rock there is a small bivalve. It is white and some what jagged. I only noticed today it is opening its shell to feed on the Kent's micro vert I squirt into my aquarium. I am wondering if I should...
  5. Jojo23

Aiptasia

Today I bought 9 lbs of LR and placed them in my 55 gallon aquarium. Then I noticed about a dozen Aiptacias on them. I don't want to use boiling water w/ lemon juice and my Peppermint Shrimp numbers went from four to one due to a curious six line wrass and my scarlet cleaner shrimp (who has...
  6. Jojo23

Domino Damsel is sick

My Domino Damsel is acting strang and is looking bad. It is not active and only seems to hang around the filter where the strong current flows. It is losing wieght and on one side of it's body it appears to have a clear white film that looks similar to someone's pealing skin. It's tail has...
  7. Jojo23

Anemones?

Last week I bought some macro algea. I brought it home to find many tiny snails, some small white seastars, and 4 other wierd looking animals had tagged along. At first I saw one of these animals and didn't have a clue on what it could be at all. I put on vinyl gloves just in case it was...
  8. Jojo23

4 hitch hickers(may have Bristle Worm)

Today I bought 10 lbs. of LR that is covered in red coraline algae. When I got it home and put it in my 55 gallon long aquarium I spotted up to 4 hitch hikers. One snail, Two thin long legged white seastars and a pink worm. I called a pet supply store I often go to confused on what to feed...
  9. Jojo23

Feather Duster?

I bought some LR a while back and noticed a white tubular thing on it. It seemed lifeless so I thought it was nothing. Then today I noticed that it has these hair/cilia-like things coming out the end. When I desturbed the tank by opening the cover alone those hairs disappeared. It keeps...
  10. Jojo23

Advice needed.

My 55 gallon long aquarium has been going for about two and a half months now. The algae phase is in full gear. Unfortunately the chemistry is not at a healthy level. The ammonia is 0, Ph is 7.8 (consistantly), Nitrate is 40, and the Nitrite is 5. I mess w/ the tank at first (oops). I ahve...
  11. Jojo23

Begginer

Hello. I have had a 55 gallon salt water aquarium for just a couple of months now. I've gradually been adding live rock and so far only have 8 small pieces. Crushed coral for substraight and now have just bought two blue leg hermit crabs. I also bought a sand sifting seastar but found it to...