Search results

1. Ashr

lifereef overflow box for sale?

Hey all Anyone got a Life Reed overflow for their RSM250 for sale and willing to ship? Just trying to find a cheap one :) Thanks
  2. Ashr

Adding in sump skimmer to my RSM250. Need some info.

hey all So I am in the market for a new skimmer, return pump and over flow for my RSM250. I have a small sump that I traded for frags so I would love to start upgrading from my old stock skimmer. Few things I needed to ask. First off I am looking for a really good, silent overflow...
  3. Ashr

RSM250 pump upgrade

Hey all If I wanted to update my two rear pumps for more flow and less heat what would be something I would want to use? Any thoughts on this? Thanks :)
  4. Ashr

needing some SPS help

Hey hey So I'm looking for some feed back on some SPS issues I've had in the past month or two with one of on my large SPS colonies. I noticed this after my doser has stopped working and my Alk dropped. As the picture shows the coral should be a deep green but I have had a lot of the...
  5. Ashr

Needing help with my salt levels - keeps going up

Hey all So some background first. 66g red sea max. heavy SPS and LPS corals. Id like my levels around 1.026 but found it was around 1.030 today when I checked. I only top off with fresh R/O water but sometimes the top off is around 2-5 gallons. I do a water change every month (I know I...
  6. Ashr

Breaking: NOAA announces the proposal to list 66 stony coral species as endangered

Wow.. check this out.. From Reefbuilders, Breaking: NOAA announces the proposal to list 66 stony coral species as endangered or threatened | Reef Builders | The Reef and Marine Aquarium Blog and Magazine Here is the list...
  7. Ashr

Growing chaeto in my RSM250

So I'm not sure who else is doing this but I wanted to share it. I am growing chaeto in the right side pump area of my RSM with a JBJ LED light. It is going really well. I am using a JBJ Nano Glo. It can be found here:JBJ Nano-Glo 4-LED Refugium Light Here are some pictures too!
  8. Ashr

Ecotech battery backup issues!

Hey all So I have had my ecotech marine battery backup for about 1 year and it never seems to work when my power goes out. This also happened about 6 months ago and needed to replace the cord. (It worked for a bit after this) the backup only works when I unplug the power source to the...
  9. Ashr

Found a new crab. Ideas?

Wanting to know if this guy is safe or not.. Could be a Mithrax crab but not sure.. could be wrong..
  10. Ashr

Mag 700 :(

So I bought a new Mag 700 pump for the right side of the RSM and it wont fit.. D'oh! I ordered it on-line on boxing day and was really hoping it would work but I guess not :( Any suggestions?
  11. Ashr

ATI T5HO lights for RSM250

Hey all Its about time to upgrade my lights and wanted some thoughts on these bulbs. Just not sure what order I want to go with. Edit: Guess I should add I am looking to grow both LPS and SPS corals. Would like a nice blue look to the tank rather then white/yellow. Looking at: 3 ATI...
  12. Ashr

bubble coral not expanding

Hey all So I was wondering why my bubble coral does not inflate like it used to.. its always pretty small now and just does not look happy. I have tried feeding it, moving it around the tank but i cannot get it to open up like it did in my RSM150.. Everything else in the tank is growing...
  13. Ashr

Valentini Puffer info

Hey all There is a local person shutting down their tank and they have a young valentini puffer for sale. I have read that these fush are so/so with corals etc. Just wanted to hear peoples thoughts on adding one of these to my reef tank?
  14. Ashr

RSM & Controllers. Can it work?

Hello all Im hoping to get some info on this subject. With out power bar in the side of the tank, how hard is it to run a Controller and their power bars? Any way around this that works for someone? If so please shed some light on it :) Thanks
  15. Ashr

Pocillopora tips bleaching

Well I am seeing some of the tips on my new Pocli bleaching with dead polyp's, I think. I was told the best way to stop this incase it was something bad was to frag these tips below the white tissue.. Any thoughts on this? My alk is low.. around 6.5/7 Calc is around 390. everything else...
  16. Ashr

LED strip for SPS corals on my RSM250 Lid

Hey all I’m looking to add a LED strip to the my RSM250 lid. I have added a moon light strip and love it. But I want a little more light for my SPS frags. Can anyone recommend something that would work well? I looked around for some info but didn’t find that much..plus I’m at work. Thanks!
  17. Ashr

two little fishies phosban reactor leaking

hey all I cannot get my new reactor to stop leaking.. It is very slow but you can tell that it is leaking. Ive tried zip ties and other clamps. Even super glue.. but still seems to leak a little bit around the outlets. Anyone else have this issue? Any good way to solve it? maybe just super...
  18. Ashr

ROWAphos help.

Hello I just got a Two Little fisheis 150 reactor with some ROWAphos. Just wanting to know some thoughts on this stuff and if anyone can give me some good into? It will be added to my RSM250 with a maxijet 400. Thanks
  19. Ashr

You know when your a reef head when...

When you've had a long night, friends are over having a good time and you just spend time looking at your tank instead of chatting with them. Lol
  20. Ashr

A strange question..

So this is a strange question but wanted some opinions on it. I was mixing my salt water last night and when I come home from work today I notice a sock in the water... now I didn't do any laundry and I don't think my GF did either.. so it was not right out of the wash and was probably dirty...