Search results

1. oakleyx

Moving a RSM S500 to a new house.

Hi All, I'm moving in a month and I'm trying to figure out the best way to move my tanks. My new house is 8 miles away. This is what I am thinking. As soon as I get possession of my new house go there and set up my 40 gallon. Do a water change from my current tank and bring the water over...
  2. oakleyx

RSM S500 T5 Hood

Hi all, For all those who upgraded from the first gen hood with T5s to LEDs. What did you guys do with the old hood? Should I just toss it? Thanks Dan
  3. oakleyx

BRS Dual Reactor Placement in RSM S500

Hi all, I just picked up a brs dual reactor and I was wondering how other RSM s500 owners have it set up in their sumps? Thanks Dan
  4. oakleyx

RSM S500 Skimmer Mod Question

Hi All, I just upgraded my skimmer to the Vertex Omega 150. Here is my question. In my sump, the down pipes go into the filter sock. I also shut off the valve that connected into the cskim skimmer. Since the only way water is getting into my sump is from the down pipes and the filter...
  5. oakleyx

RSM S500 Skimmer Options

Hi All, I'm looking to replace my C-Skim protein skimmer for my rsm s500 What do you guys recommend? Thanks Dan
  6. oakleyx

c-skim 1800 questions

Hi everyone, I just have a few questions about the c-skim 1800. When you got it, did it come with a tube to connect to the drain port. All I have is a long grey tube that doesn't fit. The inner diameter of the tube is too small. Does anyone know what size tube i need to buy? Also when you...
  7. oakleyx

Ick or Velvet

Hello So against my better judgement I put a purple tang in my tank and something is affecting my yellow tang and and I just lost my flame angel. I woke up this morning and found my flame angel grasping for air. I quickly gave him a fresh water dip and put him in my a quarantine tank with...
  8. oakleyx

Dan's RSM S500

Hi Everyone, Currently I have a RSM 250 and I saw the RSM 400 at the LFS and fell in love with it, so I ordered a white RSM S500! I'm so excited! I just have to find a place to put it! I really don't use my basement, so I have this crazy idea of putting it in my kitchen. What do you...
  9. oakleyx

Moving RSM 250 to a New House

Hi everyone, I'm moving my rsm 250 next week across town. I have lots of 5 gallon buckets and the lfs gave me lots of styrofoam containers. I'm planning on keeping as much water as I can and have around 40 gallons of premade saltwater at the new location. I'll probably have a few buckets of...
  10. oakleyx

Weird spider thing. ID Please

Hello, I have seen these spider things in mybtank lately and have no idea what they are and if they are safe. Thanks Dan
  11. oakleyx

Sponge and starfish IDS Please

Hi everyone, Can you please help me identify the following and let me know if they are safe: Thanks Dan
  12. oakleyx

New Red Sea Max 250 SPS Grade Retrofit DIY LED Kit

Hi everyone, I was reseaching diy led kits the other day and found Steves LEDS. They just released a kit for the rsm 250. http://shop.stevesleds.com/Red-Sea-Max-250-SPS-Grade-Retrofit-Kit-Complete-Redsea-250.htm I was originally going to wait for the ai vegas but this looks like a good...
  13. oakleyx

Anemone wound

Hi everyone, My anenome has a hole or wound under his tentacle and is expelling something. Is there any thing I can do to help close up that wound? thanks Dan
  14. oakleyx

Sun Coral dead?

Hi everyone, My friend and I bought some sun corals on saturday. They were closed when we bought them. I didnt take a look at my friends. So here is mine. I've been feeding them in a tupperware container. My friend called me up and said they haven't opened yet. So I told him to bring it...
  15. oakleyx

Id please. Weird fan like think

Hi everyone I just bought some sun coral and I just noticed this fan like thing attached to it going in and out. I took a video of it. Any idea of what it could be? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq6OkZNs2Lw Thanks Dan
  16. oakleyx

No idea what this is. I'd please

Hi guys I just saw this on my glass. Any ideas? I did see it going back in the sand. Tx Dan
  17. oakleyx

Who uses phytoplankton?

Hi Everyone, My LFS talked me into buying some phytoplankton. He said it would be good for my corals. Ideally I want to use it to feed my hammer, torch and candy cane corals. Does anyone use it? I heard it raises phosphate levels? Thanks -Dan
  18. oakleyx

RSM 250: BRS Bio Pellet Reactor Location Question

Hi Everyone, I'm thinking about getting a BRS Bio Pellet reactor for my RSM 250 but I don't know where I can put it. Currently I'm using a Marineland 1800 Maxi-Jet Internal pump to push the water to my chiller and then back to the RSM 250 using the RSM Chiller Accessory Kit. I was...
  19. oakleyx

Adding new sand to existing sandbed in my RSM 250 Question

Hi Everyone, I need to add some more sand to my tank to replace all the sand that has been removed from water changes. Today I bought a bag of Caribsea Fiji Pink Live sand. The LFS store said I can just add it the tank. I'm worried if I do that I could mess up my biological filter...
  20. oakleyx

Hammer Coral Question - Mouth Open

Hi Everybody, The last couple of days my hammer coral looks like its showing its mouth. Before this area was completely covered. Any ideas what is going on? Thanks -Dan