Search results

1. Val

Happy Birthday DesertOrchid!

Hope you have a wonderful Birthday!
  2. Val

downgrading from 180g to 125g

I'm planning a move from my 180g to a 125g. I'm leaning toward a Zeovit system on the 125g so I'd like to take my time cycling it before adding my livestock to it. I have the equipment to set up a 55g to use as a holding tank while I cycle, but my concern is my fish staying in the 55g. I'll be...
  3. Val

Tank-Raised Tangs & Triggers Become a Reality

Tank-Raised Tangs & Triggers Become a Reality | Coral Magazine Read about it at Coral Magazine. arrghhh wrong forum! Can I ask a Mod to move it? thanks!
  4. Val

Zeovit can anyone point to somewhere to research this?

I bought a Marineland 125g 6ft long tank about a month ago. It's sitting in storage until I can plan out how I want to set it up. I've found a bit of info about zeovit and would like to learn more as this looks like the way I'd like to go. If anyone can point me to some information about the...
  5. Val

Pics of horses in the blizzard

My horses aren't used to being stalled, so after spending the night stalled we turned them out about noon. They really liked the snow until the wind started blowing it off the roof of the barn. The last pic is after a new 4ft bale of hay was put out for them, you can't see the hay just a bunch...
  6. Val

Blizzard Warning... have you made plans to keep your tank going?

Arrgghh, everytime they update the weather they add more inches to the snow expected. So I spent today stocking up on necessities and that included gas for the generator. What does everyone else do if they lose elec? Last time mine was out for 8 days.... hence the generator.
  7. Val

Yumas and Rics

I have 4 ricordias that have been in my tank for a couple of months. They have split once and are about the size of a quarter. I think they are doing fine. I recently added an orange Yuma a few weeks ago, it also is doing fine. I've been looking for information on these corals and haven't...
  8. Val

Australian orange short tentacle plate coral with purple rim and green tentacles.

This caught my eye but unfortunately is out of my price range right now. http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+8&ddid=109688
  9. Val

Karma? Is this still a feature with the new software?

I may be overlooking something but I haven't figured out if we can still give karma to posts. Is this still possible?
  10. Val

Stubborn algae may be green cyano? any advice would be appreciated

I've been fighting this algae for a little over a month. It stays mostly on the sand. I've cut my feeding back to every three days and feed lightly, reduce the light schedule to 6 hrs a day and have been sucking it off the sand. I've been playing with the powerheads trying to get good flow over...
  11. Val

Mini carpet Anemone, any personal experience here?

I was told they only get about 5 inches in diameter and aren't as sticky as the big carpets. From my research there are mini's and maxi mini's. The maxi mini is supposed to be about 5 inches and the minis 1-2 inches. I'm also reading they are very sticky. Anyone have any personal experience...
  12. Val

Looking for a place to order a custom tank.

I upgraded my 75g to a 180g a couple months ago. A couple of things about the tank I just don't like. 1. It's an older used tank and the clarity of glass is less than desirable and it has scratches some pretty bad. I'm a little over 5ft so the depth of the tank and the large glass brace makes...
  13. Val

Need help with return pump size.

My overflow is a glass holes rated at 1500 gph. My current pumps are a mag 7 and one that came with the tank that has less flow not sure what it it but I would like to replace it. I need suggestions on a size to work with the mag 7. Tank is 180g with a 75g tank for the sump and an 18g fuge...
  14. Val

Question about Ammonia, Nitrites and Nitrates.

I lost a fish and my tank spiked ammonia .50. It's a 180g tank with a 90g sump fuge combo. I figure it's well over 220g total water. I can't find the fish without moving alot of rock and I figures the cuc is working on it. I've been monitoring the levels and ammonia stayed at .50 and no...
  15. Val

AquaticLife customer service is top notch!

I called AquaticLife today about my light fixture, three of the four moonlights were out or dim. I talked to a very nice fellow who immediately said he would send out four new ones at no cost to me. I was very happy with their customer service and the way they stand behind what they sell. Two...
  16. Val

VorTech powerheads placement

My MP40wES's came in today. I have to put them on the ends of tank, but I was wondering about placement on a 180g. Should they be centered on both ends to get most of their water movement pattern?
  17. Val

RO Units and copper pipes?

I'm looking at RO units and we had planned to put it in the pantry. I was cleaning and reorganzing when I noticed there are copper pipes going to the water heater. Is this a problem?
  18. Val

ID please pic inside

I noticed this yesterday in the fuge. It was about half the size it is now. It seems to be using sand to form the tube and sometimes puts out 2 tentacles about 1 inch in length. The tentacles are white in color. The tube is flexible and was completely straight before I pushed it.
  19. Val

The 180g tank begins

We picked up the tank last night it was dark by time we got it home so we just unloaded it. We used two trucks and both were full inside and out before everything was loaded. Three fish came with it, a dwarf angel, a big eyed squirrel and a lunar wrasse I set up a temp tank for them and...
  20. Val

rock from a dead coral fo system

I'll be getting some rock and some dead coral from a fish only tank. I won't be using the coral, but would like to salvage the rock. From what I understand the cyano problem has been with the tank from the start. They remove all rock once a month and bleach it. Can this rock be made safe for a...