Search results

1. S

inexpensive wavemaker

FYI Powerheads still running nicely with this cheap chaser unit.
  2. S

inexpensive wavemaker

No problems with the powerheads (maxijets) at all.
  3. S

inexpensive wavemaker

Well, it has been a month and a half, still working as expected
  4. S

my latest DIY project

I misread one of the questions, so to answer the actual question. I use Fluval cannister filter sponges, sliced in half so the are about 3/4 " thick and 6 inches in diameter.
  5. S

my latest DIY project

tubes are from an Ebay purchase, plexi from local supplier
  6. S

my latest DIY project

sponges are not installed yet
  7. S

my latest DIY project

Thanks for the kind words. I've pretty please with the way it came out, the next one should be even better. It's not the first I ever made, in fact it is the 4th. The first was a small single chambered , the second a larger single chambered (made from parts that Openbrain gave me) the third was...
  8. S

my latest DIY project

another view
  9. S

my latest DIY project

Boy my spelling sux :)
  10. S

my latest DIY project

Recently came in to a bunch of acrylic scraps along with some 6 in acrylic tubes. What's a boy to do..DIY! My Latest reacator...
  11. S

inexpensive wavemaker

The thing works just as I had hoped, plus the fact that it was 29 bucks makes it even better.
  12. S

inexpensive wavemaker

Sorry if I took it the wrong way
  13. S

inexpensive wavemaker

While you may indeed be correct, What can be stated with a great deal of certainty is that you are quite rude and condescending. Your parents must be so proud.
  14. S

inexpensive wavemaker

FYI Still running strong
  15. S

inexpensive wavemaker

Looks as though somebody is monitoring this thread. Check this out they will carrying timer that I use as a wavemaker. http://www.newenglandreef.com/ $29.99 not too shaby spectrum
  16. S

inexpensive wavemaker

I been researching "soft start" and there seems to be two trains of thought. Some say it is important others don't. here is a post from RC on it: 'soft-start' on an AC motor is a pretty complicated thing. In order to 'soft-start', you'd need to be able to ramp up the AC frequency to...
  17. S

inexpensive wavemaker

Well, it arrived yesterday and I installed last night. Very well made metal case. Currently have it running 2 maxijets on about a 2 minute cycle. Works fine, now to see for how long.
  18. S

inexpensive wavemaker

Pretty simple actually. Look at a Red Sea wavemaker and see what it does, it turns on up to 4 powerheads in sequence. This does the same thing set the duration from 1 minute to 15 and each PH would run that alotted time and then the next would. I believe the redsea has a radom pattern which...
  19. S

inexpensive wavemaker

just ordered one today, seems to fit the criteria of a wavemaker. I'll let you know how it works out http://www.djtronix.com/chsf24chti.html spectrum