Search results

1. GlassMunky

Advanced RO/DI Setup Question

And actually, it says in the video, that the second RO is running of the waste from the first. The y on the back is so that both the good water lines go back to the single DI stage.
  2. GlassMunky

I already have a booster pump, so pressure isn't an issue.....
  3. GlassMunky

I figured with all the extra pre-filters, the RO membranes would last longer? And less changing of the pre-filters. Also was thinking I could run the waste water from the first RO membrane into the second RO membrane and then T both the good water lines back together going into the DI chambers...
  4. GlassMunky

Currently I have running a 5 stage 75GPD RO/DI unit. My boyfriend had been running a 4 stage 75 GPD RO/DI unit. Since we've now moved in together and won't be running both of them I got thinking about possibly hooking them up together to get an 8-stage RO/DI. Would this setup work??? In from...
  5. GlassMunky

Laser vs Aiptasia

you can also build your own laser like this with parts from an old flashlight and an old DVD Burner............ remove the laser from the DVD writer and put it in the flashlight housing, hook up the wires, boom. alot cheaper than $140
  6. GlassMunky

Any current or previous kole tang owners out there?

my kole tang was a PIG!!! always hungry and eating :)
  7. GlassMunky

you may have the clip in a place he perceives to be "his territory" so he could be just fending off his area of food.
  8. GlassMunky

i never had any issues with my kole tang. is your being aggressive towards the other tang or just hogging the food?
  9. GlassMunky

BTA has eaten plate coral advice please!

if the plate coral shed its skin/polyps, its done for. gonna die. the BTA should be fine.
  10. GlassMunky

Tek's 90 gallon macro tank!

what is that second pic?! its awesome looking!!!
  11. GlassMunky

Neptune (Apex) Issue

What is it showing different? I honestly dont even have the display hooked up on my apex, i only use my phone and computer. Have you tried having Neptune log into your system via your open port on your apex/router and see if theres some kind of software/firmware issue causing the relays to...
  12. GlassMunky

Introducing: HydroFill ATO Controller and Pump

seems somewhat comparable.... time will tell
  13. GlassMunky

In doubt regarding acclimation process

I usually drip acclimate my corals. set the coral in a small container with the water it comes in next to your tank. take a piece of airline tubing and tie a small knot in it at one end to restrict/control the flow. Start a siphon from the tank your placing the coral into, and use the knot at...
  14. GlassMunky

Introducing: HydroFill ATO Controller and Pump

looks interesting........
  15. GlassMunky

CUC in sump?

I keep a CUC in my fuge area of the sump, but they crawl everywhere
  16. GlassMunky

If money were no object!

See, to me, all that building and setup and work is the most fun part. To each their own I guess
  17. GlassMunky

What happens when you jump into squid infested waters? Sounds like fun.

theres a reason they are refered to as "The Wolves of the Sea"......... I saw this when it first aired on TV and it made my chest tight from anxiety just from watching.......... yikes!
  18. GlassMunky

If money were no object!

Why would we do that??? that takes all the fun out of it. :( would you honestly have a reef fully setup by someone else that you dont even take care of????? :-/ i dont think i could handle that
  19. GlassMunky

If money were no object!

If money were no object, my personal dream "tank" would be a shallow (3-4' deep) L-shaped pool in my (hypothetical)houses sunroom full of live coral and tons of fish/rays. essentally my own little lagoon i can go swimming in haha. :) On a more realistic note though, for sure get some kind of...