Search results

1. JimmyJ

Snails at the top of the tank

I have noticed that once the light goes off for the night most of the snails in the tank migrate to the top, near the surface, and stay their for pretty much until morning. Any thing I should be concerned about?
  2. JimmyJ

SeaChem Fusion 2-Part

Has anyone used this yet and if so what are your thoughts? I have been using C-Balance since day one with nothing bad to say but always willing to switch if there is something better out there. Thanks
  3. JimmyJ

Pellet Coral Food?

Anyone try pellet coral food? If so, how did you like it and what kind do you use?
  4. JimmyJ

Favia ID Please?

Can anyone help me to ID this Favia (at least I assume it is a Favia) :dunno: When I first got it Another shot now that it has grown a bit next to the open brain
  5. JimmyJ

Devil's Hand Leather

So it doesn't look like the areas on the leather that got hit by the torch is going to heal itself so the question is should I let it fall off on its own or remove them? It doesn't seem to be affecting the rest of the coral although since the ends are still green would it be possible to remove...
  6. JimmyJ

Mysterious Snail

Any ID on this one? Thinking it may be what is irritating my brain coral. Was found in the sand right below where the brain coral is kept.
  7. JimmyJ

Open Brain issue?

Wanted to see if anyone can tell me what might be going on with my brain coral. This pic is what it looked like prior to the issue: Then about a week ago or so this white webbing stuff showed up on one side of it: Now today the white webbing stuff is gone and I can see the...
  8. JimmyJ

Cool Water Chemistry Calculators

I was looking some stuff up on the web this morning and came across these calculators: Salty Zoo - Calculators Has anyone else used these and found them to be correct?
  9. JimmyJ

Torch Coral Placement

If you own or previously owned a torch coal, wanted to get some input on where you have/had it placed in the tank? Liveaquaria said to put in on the bottom of the tank although I think it would look nice towards to top. Any recommendations?
  10. JimmyJ

Frozen Food i.e. Rods

I purchased Rod's Original food yesterday for the tank and was curious on what's the best way to deliver it to the tank? Do I just add it a frozen chuck to the tank or thaw some in RO water like I have been doing with the frozen Mysis cubes? Any other options or ideas?
  11. JimmyJ

Jimmy's 130D Setup

Hello all, Just want to start out by saying this site is truly the biggest reason why I am getting back into the hobby again after a few years of wondering why I got out of it to begin with... The RSM owners club is the most helpful place that I have ever come across. With that said, I...
  12. JimmyJ

RSM 130D vs. Oceanic 29g HQI

Hello all, It's been sometime since my last saltwater tank and I really miss having one setup in the house to enjoy. Wall space in my house comes at a premium so I am forced to got the nanoreef path, which I am actually pretty excited to start. My question to you is what would you perfer to...