Search results

1. jaw88

green coraline algae? input please

Ive been told before that there are many different colors of coraline algae.ive had red slime algae and taken care of it,but is there a such thing as green coraline algae? or is it a nother type of nuisance algae? i have had green hair algae befor as well,and this is different,and i use RO...
  2. jaw88

peanut worms? dangerous?

sorry i dont a pic at the moment,but i have been looking at online pics of peanut worms,and i seem to have at least one,my question is...are they bad for my tank? or are they ok? please respond..thanks
  3. jaw88

Need Help IDing a Possible Pest

the pics are too small,try uploading them to photobucket and copy and pasting the IMG code to ur thread,that way we can see better :)
  4. jaw88

Royal gramma concern

the day i posted this was the very first day that i got him,i think he just was scared,he is completely fine now,he plays in the rocks and swims all over,i think he was just scared,ya know being in a new tank and all,but he is fine now,and so far my damsel hasnt bothered him at all,but as soon...
  5. jaw88

Royal gramma concern

I just recently bought a royal gramma, and he is doing alright I think, but I do have a concern. My royal gramma will swim for a few minutes and then he will lay at the bottom of my tank kinda just on top of my sand bed, and against my tanks glass should I be worried? Or is this normal behavior?
  6. jaw88

Complete 90 gallon setup for sale In Ohio

the thread u inserted has expired,can u upload some pics?
  7. jaw88

Aquascaping..like or no?

hi everybody,havent been on in awhile,but i would like to know uropinions on my aquascape...so dont be shy to let me know if u have any ideas or suggestions
  8. jaw88

Complete 90 gallon setup for sale In Ohio

can u upload pics?
  9. jaw88

how many fish in 55 gallon? and how many?

idk how old that damsel is,but i read online that it is one of the least aggressive damsels,thats why i bought it,if it starts acting aggresively,then i will get rid of it
  10. jaw88

how many fish in 55 gallon? and how many?

hello all,so i finally got a couple fish for my 55 gallon saltwater tank,i have a lawnmower blenny and a yellowtail damsel,any other ideas on what to add? i want a friendly FOWLR tank,so that i can eventually turn it into a reef tank without having to get rid of any fishies. So far the two i...
  11. jaw88

HELP!?! what is this?

ill try an get a better pic and post it later,thanks anyways
  12. jaw88

HELP!?! what is this?

ok that one worked,i think it may be a type of peanut worm,which i think it says are harmless,i wish other ppl would comment lol
  13. jaw88

HELP!?! what is this?

the link wouldnt work for some reason,but it moves really slow,sometimes its straight,sometimes like this
  14. jaw88

HELP!?! what is this?

hello everybody,so i got new rock about two or three weeks ago,it was fully cured,and i havent seen anything funny except this,i have no clue what it is,maybe a worm of some sort?!? please id for me,and let me know if i need to get rid of it or if its a good guy,thanks in advance!
  15. jaw88

Nitrates/snails/hair algae??

ok,i suppose i will only buy a couple for now and see how they do,that way i dont waste a ton of money. Ill do a couple water changes and test it again,if my couple of snails dont make it then ill have to try using r/o water,if i can afford it anyway,thanks for ur help
  16. jaw88

ok so if i were to go buy just a few snails,would they be ok do u think? they wont die on me will they?
  17. jaw88

Its probably my water,it is tap water,like i bought a dechlorinator and use that everytime i add more water,but would snails be ok if i were to get some with the nitrates that high?
  18. jaw88

Hello everybody,havent been on in awhile,but i have tested my water twice in the past couple months,and i was just wondering a few things. 1.Could my hair algae be the cause of high nitrates and nitrites? 2. My nitrates are between 20 and 50 ppm,and i heard that some snails will eat hair...
  19. jaw88

Hair algae problem?!?

hi everybody,i have a few questions for u about hair algae,it started out on just one of my rocks,and now its on my sand and on more rocks :(. 1st ?, How can i get rid of it? 2nd ? Are there any fish or snails that eat it? 3rd ? Why does hair algae grow? and 4th Will the presence of hair algae...
  20. jaw88

temp and liverock question??

ok thanks everyone,i turned off my heater and on really hot days i turn my ac on for awhile,and i also have a pop bottle that i filled and freeze that i do use too...thanks everyone for the speedy replies :)