Search results

1. fruit bat

Accessory Water Cooling Fans.... Gimmick?

On more than one occasion I left the twin fans at the back of the tank unplugged and was horrified at the amount of evaporation that collected on the lid. IMO I would never leave them off again regardless of wether a chiller is needed or or not
  2. fruit bat

Anybody have additional powerheads on a 250?

I added an MP40, but very rarely turn it above minimum. I sometimes wonder why I spent the money on it !!
  3. fruit bat

Replace RSM250 Bulbs all at once or over several weeks?

Mine get replaced every six months, I generally change one each night so it takes six days to do the swop. Never had a problem
  4. fruit bat

Chris & Sarahs' 250

Thanks Joe:thumber:
  5. fruit bat

Chris & Sarahs' 250

Ive got a friend of mine who is an electronics wizard having a look at designing an LED conversion for the Max250 as there doesn't appear to be anything available in the UK. i will keep everyone posted on the progress
  6. fruit bat

My First Salt Box RSM 130D

if the little fella has shed, then he is growing,, you could do with getting a few larger shells so he can move to a bigger house
  7. fruit bat

Nitrates

Keep up with the water changes, syphon off the cyano and keep the feeding to a minimum you will be fine. Be patient
  8. fruit bat

RSM 250 pump issues

Can't say I've had any problems. I ran the stock pump for two years before I changed it for a more powerful external unit when I added a chiller. Hope you get sorted soon
  9. fruit bat

nob35's S650

Bad news on the Flame Angel. I have a Coral Beauty which isn't too happy at the moment. He's been in the tank over a year but seems very stressed since I added an Algae Blenny. The Coral Beauty has been hiding at the rear of the tank and I can't get near him.
  10. fruit bat

Joes RSM 130d

I remember sitting watching my first tank in the dark. Amazed at all the macro life that comes out at night. My favourite dives are at night, its a whole different world down there in the dark
  11. fruit bat

Chris & Sarahs' 250

Saw an RSM250 in a LFS today, fully stocked and looking good. Interestingly it had an Aquabeam 600 ultima LED unit fitted. The fixing lugs are a perfect size to suit two of the flourescent tube cover lugs and the power lead ran straight out of the accessory hole. I asked wether it was too...
  12. fruit bat

Chris & Sarahs' 250

A few shots of the tank. Added a couple of new corals today, the orange Blasto and the Hammerhead
  13. fruit bat

getting turned off with tank. need help please!

What type of algae is it? Cyanobacteria can be syphoned off, I did this on a daily basis which also acted as a partial water change. How much are you feeding, you don't have a lot of fish stock so a lot of feeding isn't required. Make sure your skimmer is working well and keep up the water...
  14. fruit bat

Hitchhikers !! Part 1 & 2

The links don't work :closed:
  15. fruit bat

Color on my Ultra Maxima Clam??

I agree, and with your nitrates at zero there are very few dissolved organics in the water column.. I try to keep my nitrates under 4ppm but never as low as zero
  16. fruit bat

redsea pro nitrate test kit

If you are getting readings above 4ppm then you should be working on the high scale. I personally wouldn't be worried about readings of 12ppm but would try to get down to around 4ppm if I could
  17. fruit bat

Upkeeping live rock

Be patient. When things are good your Coraline will thrive
  18. fruit bat

New tank setup

Welcome along, sorry cant offer advice on the tanks mentioned but I can recommend the Red Sea Max 250
  19. fruit bat

Nitrates on the rise need help

Do you use the bio media provided with the tank, if so I would ditch that and run some fresh carbon. The other quick fix would be to use a poly filter. I would then look at giving the rear chambers a good clean and a few large (50%) water changes
  20. fruit bat

Light cycles?

We run the T5 for nine hours and the moonlights are on all other times. If we run the T5 for longer it tends to promote algae growth