Search results

1. jgoldwood

Lots for sale, Includes light, skimmers, fans, etc.

Instead of a bunch of classified threads, I thought I’d list everything I have in one collective posting. I’ll entertain all offers on all items listed. Any questions, please feel free to get ahold of me. Thanks! Tek 36" 6x39W High-Output T5HO fixture - $245 shipped The ballasts in the...
  2. jgoldwood

FS: 36" 6x39W Tek Light T5 (with Advance Ballasts), Includes bulbs, splash guard, etc

For sale is a Tek 36" 6x39W High-Output T5 fixture. The ballasts in the fixture are Advance, which seem to be favored over some of the other ballasts that are found in some lights. Also, the fixture includes a splash guard, hanging kit, and an extra 4 channel Advance ballast. Also included with...
  3. jgoldwood

Brand New Advanced Acrylics Aquarium Sump 24x16x16

Hello. This is the sump that I am integrating into my 40 breeder setup, and I have another one for sale. This item is brand new. As expected from John at Advanced Acrylics, the work is outstanding. Here are the specs for the unit: 24x16x16 1/4" Sump Includes a Rubble/liverock section, a...
  4. jgoldwood

Mag 12 with 40 breeder

Hello, all. I am real close to finally having my 40 breeder up and running. I have a question about flow, however, and if I have too much. I am going to have 2 3/4" returns from my sump and have a new Mag 12 that I was thinking of using. Is this too much for that sized tank? Thanks.
  5. jgoldwood

WTB: 28G Nano-Cube Hood ... HQI or LED

Hello, all. Does anyone happen to have a HQI or LED hood for the 28 gallon Nano-cube? I am looking to replace my CF hood. Thanks!
  6. jgoldwood

Glass Holes 700gph Overflow kit

Hello, everyone. I have a new Glass Holes 700 gph Overflow kit available for sale. I'm looking for $55 shipped. Thanks!
  7. jgoldwood

JBJ Nanocube Glass Lid - Anyone tried one?

Hello, all. I recently acquired a 28G Nanocube and a bluespotted jawfish. I need something to cover the tank, and was considering the glass lid that is offered because I'm using a sunpod instead of the factory hood. I have the JBJ 1/15 chiller on its way, so covering the tank shouldn't cause...
  8. jgoldwood

jgoldwood's 28G

Pictured is my 28G Nanocube. I just got this tank yesterday, along with various livestock, and am looking for suggestions. Any popular modifications that people do to this all-in-one? I've considered the JBJ glass lid, as I am planning on ordering a chiller this evening (still researching the...
  9. jgoldwood

FS: 40 breeder, Tek 6x36" 39W, Reef Octopus Skimmer,...

Hey, guys. Because of the 28G that I just picked up yesterday, I am thinking about aborting the project that I had underway to pay for a few things I want to add to the new 28G. I have a Aqueon 40 breeder, Reef Octopus 4 (100 Gallon) In Sump Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer w/ Bubble Plate, and a...
  10. jgoldwood

Mag pumps - hose adapter?

Hey guys. I'm working on setting up an ATO with the Digital Aquatics float switch kit. I am going to use a Mag 3, which has a 1/2" outlet on it. I was looking for something to hook the tubing to it, and found a brass hose barb adapter that works perfectly, but I did not know if the brass...
  11. jgoldwood

Digital Aquatics Double Float Switch Kit

Hello. As the title states, I finally ordered an auto-topoff for my RKL. I am really not sure even how to hook one of these up, and need a little help. I'll need a pump and some tubing, correct? What size pump would I need? Any other suggestions, or if anyone has used this kit and has some...
  12. jgoldwood

TEK fixture acrylic shield flexing

Hello, all. As the title states, I noticed my acrylic salt-creep shield on my Tek 36" 6 bulb fixture really flexing. I thought maybe it was the result of the heat given off by the bulbs? While not a huge deal, as it still blocks the salt from reaching the bulbs and reflectors, I don't want the...
  13. jgoldwood

20L underway

Hello, all. I've recently started a 20 Long. As you can see, there is nothing but a sand bed, rock, and a small clean up crew. I'm debating on what to do with the 'scape, and suggestions would be very helpful and appreciated! Also, I am not sure what light set up would be best. I'm running a 6...
  14. jgoldwood

20L Lighting Suggestions / Help

Hello, everyone. I'm putting together a 20L (I've actually had it for quite awhile and have not yet done anything with it). I'm using a TEK 6 bulb 36" fixture and have the following bulbs: (4) ATI Blue + (2) Geisemann Pure Acnitic (1) GE 6500K (1) Geisemann Acnitic + (1) UV Acnitic White...
  15. jgoldwood

20 long frag tank lighting suggestions needed...

Hey everyone. As the title states, today I'm finally putting together a 20L frag tank. I have two (seen below) 6x36" TEK T5 fixtures and will most likely utilize one of them. For bulbs, I have the following: (4) ATI Blue + (2) Geisemann Pure Acnitic (1) GE 6500K (1) Geisemann Acnitic +...
  16. jgoldwood

Creative ways / Suggestions for hanging lights

Hey everyone... I'm looking for ways to hang a few lights over a few different tanks. I have the hanging kits for both of the TEK fixtures pictured below, but do not want to hang the tanks from the ceiling. Suggestions for ways around this would be appreciated - thanks!
  17. jgoldwood

WTB - Mag 5, Mag 12, 30" T5 Fixture, Skimmer

Hey, all. As the title states, I'm looking for a few things. I'm setting up a 40 breeder with a 29 gallon sump and a 20 long frag tank. I'm looking for a mag 5, mag 12, and skimmer for the 40 breeder set up. I'd like to find a nice T5 fixture for the 20L as well. Thanks a bunch. Jeremy...
  18. jgoldwood

Aquarium Silicone?

Hello, all. I'm working on putting together a sump tank and was wondering what kind of silicone everyone used? I was going to be some at Lowes today but wasn't sure exactly what I needed and did not want to run the chance of using something I shouldn't be. Thanks.
  19. jgoldwood

What size overflow?/How much flow - 40 breeder

Hey, everyone. I'm learning as I go so please be gentle. I'm piecing together a 40 breeder setup with a 29g sump and needed some help. I want to get on drilling the tank, but I'm not sure which overflow to order from glass-holes.com. What's the recommended flow? Thanks!
  20. jgoldwood

New items... need help! 40 breeder

Hello, everyone. I am working on putting together a 40breeder and will be using a standard 29 gallon as a sump. This will be my first setup that is not an all in one so I need help! Any advice on plumbing and what equipment I should be running would be appreciated. I just picked up a Tek...