Search results

1. R

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Hey Santa, just a couple of questions.... I turned my wet/dry filter into a little ats for my nano, I used the roughed up plastic canvas, and I am starting to get a little bit of algae attaching to the screen...
  2. R

that's it, i'm starting my nano chronicle

Any updates lemonpeel? How is your kenya tree doing?
  3. R

Instant Ocean Cyclopeeze soft gel...Any good?

Good to know Reddog! Thanks for the heads up!
  4. R

Cool thanks tnwillia! Happy Reefing :)
  5. R

Ok soooo after a ridiculous amount of research I do not in fact have a montipora. I have a frag of purple goniopora....not a beginner coral oops! I guess I should have known better than to rely on the LFS employee for ID :ashamed: But, on the up side, it seems to have eaten that cyclopeeze, and...
  6. R

Hello all, just picked up some of the cyclopeeze soft gel packs and was wondering what everyone else thought about it. I couldn't find any freeze dried or frozen cyclopeeze so I opted for the gel, I just mixed it around in a shot glass with some tank water and poured it in, my corals seemed to...
  7. R

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin
  8. R

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin WOW! what an interesting thread! I am going to try and set one of these up but on a much smaller scale (I only have a 12G nano) my phosphates and nitrates fluctuate alot due to the small size and I have been...
  9. R

Placement of Green Maze Brain coral frag?

Thanks all!!! :) :thumbup:
  10. R

good to know! Thanks :)
  11. R

Hello all, just picked up a small frag of green maze brain coral, wondering where in the tank would be the best place for it? I have 36W 50/50 PC coralife lights, right now I have it at the very top but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a better place to put it. My tank is a nano...
  12. R

Growing a Brain Coral

Hmmmm I can't answer your question but I hope someone with more knowledge can... I just picked up a similar frag and was wondering the same thing! I hope someone can answer this!!! :)
  13. R

peanut worms? dangerous?

Very informative article Steve! I just found a couple of peanut worms in my tank recently and that was by far the best article that I have read about them. Thanks! :thumbup:
  14. R

No problem, I know what it's like to be frustrated with this hobby at times!!! lol I'll be...

No problem, I know what it's like to be frustrated with this hobby at times!!! lol I'll be following your journey and look forward to seeing your reef succeed! :)
  15. R

Sounds good :clink: I got brand new bulbs 4 days ago, and ended up re-rockscaping after a rockslide oops, and I found a really cool piece of decorative barnacle live rock at the lfs today, and my boyfriend got the ok from me to get a little brain coral frag, so we have a little maze brain coral...
  16. R

Hello, I don't have a sump or skimmer :( but I do water changes once a week, more if needed (I perform param checks every other day usually). When I do a change I usually do about 4 gallons, my tank is a 12 G but after live rock (about 20 lbs) and sand (about 10 lbs) I know there isn't 12G...
  17. R

Your tank looks beautiful! I am sorry to hear about your frustrations, I am in a similar situation with my 12G nano. It's been set up for about a year now and I still can't seem to keep much alive. I BARELY have any coralline growing, have 3 zoa heads left, 1 mushroom left, and have been through...
  18. R

Frustrated with my 12G lighting situation...

Ok so I found my replacement bulbs that I needed for 13.99 on sale at fosterandsmith aquatics, so my boyfriend ordered them for me for xmas :) gotta love a partner that supports the hobby lol. So, I installed those so my 12G eclipse now has 36W of 50/50 brand spankin new shiny bulbs over it, in...
  19. R

Well I have the stock 13W 50/50 PC, and then yes the coralife fixture I have is a PC light, but I have done alot of reading recently and it sounds like my lighting might not cut it in the long run. I would like to keep softies, zoas, mushrooms, leathers, things like that. I was thinking though...
  20. R

Ok, so after so many hours of researching I am more frustrated than EVER!!! All I need is the best light possible for my 12G eclipse for hopefully less than 250$. I currently have a coralife 50/50 that puts out a total of 36W, but the more reading I do it sounds like that is not nearly enough...