Search results

1. zigginit

T5 PAR Readings with PIC's

ok its been a long time coming but i got my new tank up and running with my T5 lights over it. im running 6 36" t5 bulbs over a 36x20x20 tank. the lights are mounted into a custom canopy i made with a roll out light rack. 2 bulbs are running on a workhorse 5 ballast and the 4 other bulbs are...
  2. zigginit

Zigginit's 55g Mixed Reef Tank

Ok so I had a BC29 for about 2 years now and i have been kicking myself the whole time for not just starting with a bigger tank. i know i will want to go bigger then a 55g gallon but i got a great deal on this and its not your standard 55g. it is 36x20x20. it has a lot more floor space then a...
  3. zigginit

Orange SPS ID Needed

i got this new SPS but im not sure what it is. it is the most orange coral i have ever seen. it is not a orange monti because i have one and it was never that orange. it also looks like it encrusts and branches like an arco or something. what do you think it is. also if you can ID the sps...
  4. zigginit

Mag and Byropsis

ok so i have read all kinda of mixed things around the web about using mag to combat byropsis and i need a game plan and true stories about if it works or not. i will get a test kit. (hopefully a cheap one) what kind of mag should i use. i hear kent tech is good (some say the only one that...
  5. zigginit

New SPS ID

got some frags at a reef expo, it was the end of the expo sales and people were just giving them out almost. i got 9 corals for only $35. but do to time constrain i could not write down what they were. i know we got some SPS fans out here that can help me out. any idea on these 4 corals: coral...
  6. zigginit

what kind of slug is this

i got him in on some live rock. he has been in the tank for about 3 weeks. i have not seen him since i put him in the tank untill the last few days. he has been hanging around in my filter. i think he went there for the flow or the food trap. he moves around in there but has not left. (yes he...
  7. zigginit

SPS Coral ID Please.

this came in on one of the mushrrom rocks i got when i first started my tank a year ago. when i first saw it, it was a small little area about the size of a dime. the only reason i saw it was because over a few weeks it really begain to glow under my actinic lights at night. it turns a neon...
  8. zigginit

Evolution of BC29 Reef Tank

ok so i though about it and decided that its time to start my chronicle of my 29 gallon biocube. it has been up and running for about a year now. i must say i have spent a lot of time learning and spending $ along the way. My only regret is not starting with a bigger tank because im running out...
  9. zigginit

delete this thread

sorry i messed up and could only change the text but not delete this thread. so Mods please remove this.
  10. zigginit

BC29 Chamber 2 Refugium Build

Ok so in order to better cut down on hair algae, I decided to look into options like building a refugium. I saw some fuge baskets that will fit into the 2nd chamber once all bioballs and grates are removed. I liked the idea of being able to remove them to trim or add micro algae and then simply...
  11. zigginit

chaeto algae light needs

how much light will chaeto algae need to grow? will 1 cree LED do? and this is in a very small area on my BC29. about9x4x13
  12. zigginit

Something is wrong with my zoo's!!

i have noticed that in the last week a colony of pink nebula zoo's that i have had for some time have started to close up and shrink. For a few days they would be short fast and only part way open, until today they are even shorter and not open at all. the funny thing is i have fragged this into...
  13. zigginit

New 12,000k PC light called PC-R

i just saw that Nanoturners put up a new kind of PC buld call a PC-R. (PC-R by Nanocustoms & UV Lighting Company), it come in a few different watts. i have not seen a 12k PC light before and was wondering if anyone else has anything to say about them. i would be putting two 36w 12k white...