Search results

1. zigginit

Not a hitch hiker but still need id

they grow like weeds once it getts going. it will cover all your rocks and kill other corals. keep it on a island in the sand.
  2. zigginit

Zigginit's 55g Mixed Reef Tank

thanks, now it time to let some of it grow out :) about time.
  3. zigginit

T5 PAR Readings with PIC's

by the way, about 75% of the live rock you see if homemade! DIY live rock! white portland cement and crushed oyster shells. make sure to cure it so the ph settles down before using it though.
  4. zigginit

T5 PAR Readings with PIC's

ok its been a long time coming but i got my new tank up and running with my T5 lights over it. im running 6 36" t5 bulbs over a 36x20x20 tank. the lights are mounted into a custom canopy i made with a roll out light rack. 2 bulbs are running on a workhorse 5 ballast and the 4 other bulbs are...
  5. zigginit

ok its been a long time coming but i got my new tank up and running with my T5 lights over it. im running 6 36" t5 bulbs over a 36x20x20 tank. the lights are mounted into a custom canopy i made with a roll out light rack. 2 bulbs are running on a workhorse 5 ballast and the 4 other bulbs are...
  6. zigginit

NEED help with temperature!

how did you go about setting the fan up to a controler? i would like to do that too so please explain better
  7. zigginit

January '11 POTM Contest

wow a lot of pics already, good to see we are getting this contest going on time this time.
  8. zigginit

Cuttlefish Eggs!!

how did you not see that coming with an eel in there?
  9. zigginit

Cuttlefish Eggs!!

how big will they get?
  10. zigginit

Help - This stuff is slowly taking over!

it wont be boiling by the time you put it in your tank. it will just be very hot. should be fine. glass is made by fire.
  11. zigginit

Day one of vodka dosing

i use the self dispencer water, i think its been ok but i would rather have an RO unit. i dont see the need for UV in the filter though. once you add salt that will kill fresh water bacteria anyways.
  12. zigginit

Cuttlefish Eggs!!

should be fun to watch them grow up, when they get a little more active make a youtube video
  13. zigginit

Day one of vodka dosing

well water.... thats your problem i think. no fixing that without new water source. nobody said this hobby was cheap or easy.
  14. zigginit

December '10 POTM VOTING!

im going to win this thing one day... lol
  15. zigginit

Cuttlefish Eggs!!

wow very cool.... i think i would like to have some too. one thing at a time though lol
  16. zigginit

thanks, i spent days looking into all the different colors, i was looking for a high par, but icy look. and this seems to be just that. now if only i can finish doing the timer bank im making for it i can maybe get some coral in there soon. i think im looking more forward to the day i put coral...
  17. zigginit

Cuttlefish Eggs!!

i would not take the reef tank down to house them though, unless your reef tank just sucks and you want to. these dont get to big and they can live in groups i think, unless this kind if different. a 55 would be fine i think. and they say they live about a year so why do all that for something...
  18. zigginit

Leather coral dying or molting?

my toadstool will shed every so often. it looks waxy for a few days and it kinda floats off it in patches before turning back to normal. its just they way they are i guess.
  19. zigginit

Cuttlefish Eggs!!

should be fun to watch this tread...
  20. 5676jko-1

5676jko-1

Green and Red For Christmas