Search results

1. shark32

posting a picture or video

hi, Does anyone know of another way besides Photobucket, to upload pictures and videos on tthis site? I have been having alot of problems with uploading pics and videos on Photobucket itself.. I have tried on 3 different computers and I get the same result, it just freezes and says 'photobucket...
  2. shark32

possible mantis?

Hi, I was looking at my tank today and noticed a pair of 'feathery looking antennae" sticking out of a rock... I got a magnifying glass and saw that it appears to be a tiny mantis...I am not sure if it is or something else that might have those elongated eyes..I took a video and I know it is not...
  3. shark32

Maxspect Mazarra P lighting

Hi, This past weekend we transferred my 75 gallon over to my 125 gallon. The fish/crabs/shrimp/starfish seem to be ok, some still not eating yet (I hope they come around). Aside from trying to tweak the return/drain lines to equal each other, we are having trouble getting all 3 LED panels...
  4. shark32

Best way to proceed

Hi, I am in the process of filling up my 125 gallon tank... right now it has about 45 gallons of sraight RO/DI water and 125lbs of sand... It is cloudy from the sand settling... I have a heater in there as well... I plan on using at least 60% the water from 75 gallon, so (I...
  5. shark32

What type of pistol shrimp?

Hi, I took my son to the LFS today, to get guppies for his tank and I had no intentions of buying anything. However, while I was perusing the SW tanks, I saw this awesome guy...They said he was a "white snapping shrimp".. I was looking online to ID him exactly and I cannot find anything that...
  6. shark32

sump or no sump??

Hi, I am just about ready to upgrade to my 125 gallon tank.. I currently have a 75 gallon FOWLR tank with a 20 gallon sump.. the last piece of equipment I still do not have is a sump and that is only because I am not sure if I want one...the only equipment in my current sump is a filter sock and...
  7. shark32

crazy clownfish behavior

Hi, My female clownfish has decided to attack my seaweed clip no matter where I put it in the tank. She has all my fish that like to graze on it scared to go near it when I put fresh seaweed on it. She beelines over to it within seconds of me putting it in.. She doesn't even eat the seaweed...
  8. shark32

Green algae /Red seaweed

Hi, I recently added a juvenile Scopas tang to my tank. He is a great eater of mysis shrimp and LRS herbivore/ fish frenzy. I also put Ocean Nutrition Green Marine Algae on a clip which he throughly enjoys as well. My question is, should I give him Red Seaweed as well? Is one more...
  9. shark32

return pump advice

Hi, I am down to getting the last piece of equipment for my upgrade. My new skimmer is a Reef Octopus SRO 2000 EXT and I need to get an external return pump. ( I would like to get an external just so there is less heat added to the tank) My stand is about 26 inches high and my tank is 18...
  10. shark32

Separate fuge and fuge/sump

Hi, I am in the process of upgrading my current 75 gallon to a 125 gallon. I currently have a 20 gallon fuge/sump and i am planning on adding either a 30 or 40 gallon separate fuge to the new tank. My current 20 gallon, has a thriving amphipod/ copepod population that I do not want to disturb...
  11. shark32

What the heck is this?!?

Hi, I was feeding my tank today and I noticed this 'trunk like' thing coming out from the rock. Any idea what it is? Thanks!
  12. shark32

radiant heating

Hi, we are in the process of redoing our downstairs floors into radiant heating. I am also in the process of upgrading my tank from a 75 gallon to a 125 gallon. My question is, will the tank be ok on a radiant heat floor? Nothing has been done yet, so it is possible to leave the section...
  13. shark32

half black angelfish

Hi, I recently added a half black pygmy angelfish to my tank... I didn't see a lot of people's feedback on them.. I was just curious to hear from anyone on their experiences with them in their tank... My guy, Shadow (name courtesy of my kids), seems to be quite mischievous... He is absolutely...
  14. shark32

upgrading from 75 a gallon to a 125 gallon

Hi, I currently have a 75 gallon tank running for a little over four years. I want to upgrade slightly to a 125, but I am not sure exactly how it goes. When I was adding my fish originally, I added one every few weeks or months, allowing the tank to get accustomed to the new biological load...
  15. shark32

two beauties (well in my opinion that is!)

Hi all, Picked up these two hitchhikers from my LFS. They caught a ride in on their LR, so they had them in small containers in some of their tanks... The first one I believe is some type of squat lobster... very cool, I just couldn't find an exact match to his markings anywhere...
  16. shark32

Changing Salt

Hi, I've had my tank running for almost fours years. I have been using Instant Ocean Reef Crystals the whole time. I am now switching to Tropic Marin Bio Actif salt. My question is, can I just starting using the new salt for my water changes? I have a FOWLR, so there are no corals...
  17. shark32

small blue crab

Not the greatest pics, but i was wondering if anyone knew what kind of crab this is. He is a bright powder blue with stripes. He is a little bigger than a dime, he has long antennae's, no front claws and he is flat. I picked him up in my LFS store cause he was a cool looking blue. The guy...
  18. shark32

Cleaner shrimp laying eggs

This morning I noticed a few of my fish in one corner of the tank bothering one of my cleaner shrimp....they have never bothered either one of them before so I was curious what was going on...of course when I came right up to the tank, most of the fish that were pestering her swan away, so she...
  19. shark32

Clowns and their eggs

These are my clowns, Moo and Little Jig....this is their 6th batch of eggs thay have laid...I was just wondering if the fact that the eggs never survive (not sure if they get eaten or hatch and sucked away into my protein skimmer of overflow or what) causes them any stress....they are very...
  20. shark32

Precision Marine Bullet 1

Hi all, I am looking to upgrade my skimmer from an AcquaC Remora Pro to a Precision Marine Bullet 1... I want to keep my skimmer an external one...anyone have any experience with PM Bullet? Thanks!:olsmile: