Search results

1. S

What To Buy First?

Once you get the quality of the water what dictates whether or not you need additional filters. How did you go about it reefmasta ?
  2. S

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin I used the plastic canvas that is used for needle point and scraped it to make it rough. I am also using two lights on one side I have a plant growing light and on the other im using a cfl I am seeing growth...
  3. S

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin I built an algae scrubber two weeks ago using the original 5 gallon bucket on the very first page. It is beginning to grow some stuff on it which is pretty cool to see, my question is how well does this work...
  4. S

Basics of Lighting for Reef Systems

Thanks for the info I was always wondering why these bulbs seemed to be so economical but as for the long term they just dont add up and I will look into the phoenix bulbs.
  5. S

Basics of Lighting for Reef Systems

Great thread with all that being said what differs in the bulbs ie. I have seen bulbs that cost around 70 $ and the ones being sold on ebay around 9 what gives. Any explanation would be great and I am talking about the mh bulbs thanks.