Search results

1. M

Argh - parting with my RSM 130D!

Hi all, As many of you will know I have had a fantastic 9 months with my RSM so far and it is really doing very nicely indeed. Shock horror: a house move is looming and I cannot bring the tank with me (it's a long story!). I am hoping I can get back into the hobby within the next 24...
  2. M

Spare pair of Maxijet 600's to fit RSM 130D for sale

Sorry to post this here but I have a Spare pair of Maxijet 600's to fit RSM 130D for sale (UK only, free delivery). Will take any offers over £20.
  3. M

New videos uploading now ;-)

New videos uploading today: YouTube - VANCLOG's Channel - YouTube - VANCLOG's Channel
  4. M

Nitrate Frustration / Overfeeding? (130D)

Hi guys! And gals...! I have been battling my nitrate levels for a while now. I am currently doing a 20% water change pretty much weekly and it's not having much effect. I skim for 7 hours a day and have also got a bag of Seachem Purigen in the tank which I change 8-weekly at the moment. I...
  5. M

Videos of my RSM 130D

If you like HD video and you like RSM tanks, hopefully you'll like some of these! View my videos... Adding more as I type this!
  6. M

RSM 130D - 4 Months in...

Hi all! Sorry about the long silence - it's been a busy few months. My RSM130 is going strong. Learned a few lessons, made some mods. Main news is that the LEDs are running fine and my corals are thriving. And I am sorry, but I will also never buy another RSM powerhead. They are noisy and/or...
  7. M

T5's anyone?

Hi guys (and gals!) Due to my recent LED conversion I have two spare T5's for and RSM130D for sale (UK only). 2x T5 Actinic Tubes for Red Sea Max 130D on eBay (end time 13-Feb-10 12:25:55 GMT) Matt
  8. M

I'm a dad!!

Whahey! 6 Weeks into my new RSM130D and my Skunk Cleaner Shrimp pair have produced a cloud of offspring, much to my Flasher Wrasse and Orchid Dottyback's delight: they made a fine snack. Assuming some of the little skunks survived, has anyone got any idea if any of these boys and girls will make...
  9. M

RSM130D feeding tip

Well, I think it is a tip if... 1) No one else has recommended the same yet, and 2) There are no arguments against feeding this way ...but anyway: I tried something new to feed my tank today and dropped a frozen brine shrimp cube into the heater compartment. I guess my only slight doubt...
  10. M

RSM 130D with 4 Aquarays - all done!

Hi All, Just updated my write up about my LED mod. For anyone interested in doing the same I've documented my conversion, plus some piccies. Go here to read more: Red Sea Max LED Conversion Hope it is useful to someone!
  11. M

My RSM 130D LED conversion - completed

For anyone interested in doing the same I've documented my conversion, plus some piccies and info about my set-up, now 4 weeks old! Go here to read more: Red Sea Max LED Conversion Hope it may help someone!
  12. M

LED and T5 Lighting For Sale

I have for sale: 2x T5's plus sockets and ballast for RSM130D - 3 weeks old, hardly used 1x Aquaray Reef White (3W+2B) single bar plus transformer - hardly used but have shorted the black fixings so it is modded, if entirely functional. Offers invited, Paypal preferred! Matthew
  13. M

One for the geeks: Amperage of RSm 130D skimmer pump

Other than taking out my skimmer to check if the pump housing can tell me more, would anyone 'happen to know' how many Amps the RSM 130D skimmer pump pulls? Mine runs on a timer and I also want to add a manual override switch for when I just want to have a little look at the tank without the...
  14. M

Bubbles from pumps

Evenin'all, Quick one for you: I don't seem to be able to get rid of small bubbles in my tank. I am not talking about the ones released by various algae, but for some reason my pumps, despite the water level being spot on, always blow out a few bubbles. Nothing major, just a few, all the...
  15. M

Caulerpa or other in Skimmer compartment

Would anyone like/dare to comment on the benefits / risks of perhaps having a mesh bag of Caulerpa or another nitrate-buster sitting next to the skimmer in the back of my 130D?
  16. M

130D Newbee - noisy powerheads

Hi all! Am the proud owner of a 130D since 22 December and loving it. Only gripe so far is the rather noisy, boomy powerheads. Does anyone have any tips for making them quieter or know of suitable after market replacements that are quieter? Just by way of introduction, this is my setup...